Caleb and Jason

CALEB AND JASON

INTRODUCTION

Jason Blake stared out his window with idle thoughts circling his head. He felt uneasy and discontent. Lately all sorts of unusual things were happening to him and he wasn't quite sure what to do anymore. He tried ignoring these occurrences, he tried telling his friends about all this but they didn't really give much light towards unpacking the situation. He was certain they pretty much thought he was delusional. He stared aimlessly into the darkness; expecting another difficult night; another nightmare. He sighed, walked slowly towards his bed and lay there like a man in ill health. He closed his eyes and painfully awaited the horror of his dreams. 

Caleb Daniels drove through the wet streets of Troy. He had to get to warehouse 22D before midnight. Pazuzu had instructed him to get there the night before when he came to him in a dream. Pazuzu told him that tonight he would be initiated into the brotherhood, but the ritual had to be completed before midnight. Caleb didn't really know much about Pazuzu; all he knew was that Pazuzu had a mission and that he was needed in order to achieve whatever it was Pazuzu intended on achieving.  

His car came to a halt at the entrance of the warehouse. He exited the vehicle and approached the large blue door. He banged on the door several times; the sound resonated through the streets like a gong. He pulled a cigarette from his jacket and banged on the door again; repeating in the same rhythm as the first. He pulled from his cigarette; and repeated the same mind-numbing exercise for a third time, hoping that he would soon be attended to; after all, midnight was silently drawing closer. He pulled from his cigarette for the last time; this time taking in more cancerous smoke than the last two. He threw his cigarette to the ground, and in frustration, kicked the metal door. 

Dark clouds above Troy were gathering steadily until they covered the city like a dome; the smell of rain was thick in the air. Jason banged against the door with both hands; he was frustrated and irate. The door swung open and in the centre of the warehouse, stood a dark figure. It was Pazuzu. 

Pazuzu called out enthusiastically. 

"Caleb my friend; come closer, don't be shy now." He said in his thick African accent. He extended his arm in Caleb's direction and gestured him to come closer. 

Caleb walked cautiously and hesitantly; not sure whether this was really what he wanted. Indecisiveness and fear rattled his head like caged birds. Pazuzu smiled at Caleb but this did not settle his nerves at all, in fact he became more anxious, more afraid. He walked waveringly towards Pazuzu, the demons presence making him feel cold and empty. He was now inches away from the entity that had haunted his dreams for so many nights. He looked into Pazuzu's sinister eyes; in them he could see evil and cruelty. Pazuzu's smile broadened before he spoke. 

"Caleb, I am happy you have decided to join my crew of revolutionaries. With your help we will launch humanity into a new age. We will end their miserable reality and show them a brilliant truth. From this day on we will begin what will end in the whole world realising that their God is nothing!" Pazuzu grinned at the pleasantry of his words. Although he was afraid, Pazuzu's words stirred something deep within him and whatever this feeling was, it made him feel good. Still, he could not even bring himself to speak. The words he attempted to formulate were verbalized as stutters and chokes. His throat became dry and he began to tremble. Pazuzu noticed Caleb's fear and tried to calm Caleb him by wrapping his arm around his shoulder. He told Caleb that before he could truly become one of them there was a certain ritual he would have to perform. Regardless of his fear and doubt, Caleb agreed to go through with it. He knew he wanted to be a part of whatever it was Pazuzu was initiating and he knew he wanted to be on Pazuzu's side because Pazuzu was immensely powerful... but something about what was happening made him want to reconsider. He had a strong urge to turn and run in the opposite direction but ignored it. "So what is it that I have to do then?" he asked timidly. Pazuzu did not speak, he just continued in the same direction. They walked further into the warehouse until they reached the furthest end. There was a strong, hideous scent in the air that made Caleb nauseas. Pazuzu walked to a switch near where they were standing and turned the lights on.