Chapter 1

Dear diary, everything is the same. Same pain , same darkness. I'm still lonely, I don't know how to escape from this sadness. Still no call from my dad , I kinda don't want to talk with him but I miss his voice so much. I want him back so much , I wish he loved me too. I wish I could still have hopes and I could imagine him like a good father like I used to imagine when I was little. I wish I could hug him in photograph pretending he was here like I used before. I'm so sorry about my mom and everything she has been through, I'm so thankful that she didn't leave me like my father.

It's time for school, ouu I'm late already.

" Honey , hurry up."

" I'm going mom , love ya."

" Have a nice day , love you too."

" Come home straight from school, don't be late."

" Don't worry grandpa."

I'm walking to school, I can't stop thinking about how mean my grandpa sometimes can be. After my dad left my mom couldn't find a job and we didn't have a place to stay, so he left us to live with him in his house. But he is so mean to my mom and barely talks to her without no reason at all. We don't have where else to go so we're stuck here following his rules.

" Hayal, wait." Said Jimmy while he was running to reach Hayal.

" Oh, hi Jimmy. I think we are late for our first class." She said.

" That happened to me many times, but what's wrong with you ?

You're never late for school."

" I don't know , today I was lost in my thoughts."

" What happened? Is everything alright ?"

" Nothing new really..."

" Is that because of your dad ? Don't worry everything is gonna be alright ."

" Yeah, I'm glad that you're always here for me Jimmy.

Oh god , it's our vice principal , we're screwed."

" She won't see us."

" Ms. Walker and Mr. Stafford come to my office." Says vice principal.

" Damn it Jimmy , what if she calls my grandpa ?"

" Relax she won't."

" You always say that."

" Mr. Stafford I'm not surprised from you , you are always late. I don't know how are you doing so good in exams. But you Ms. Walker, what is going on with you ?

First your grades are going low, now you started being late, what is happening ?

I know I lot of stuff happened to you, but you have to think about your future ."

" I'm sorry Mrs. Michaels , it won't happen again, I promise ."

" If you need to talk I'm here , you know that right ?"

" Thank you Mrs. Michaels."

" Alright you both can leave now , go straight to your class."

They went out of her office , Hayal just walked away without saying nothing to Jimmy, and he silently watched her go.

I really want to leave this town. I want to live somewhere else, somewhere where nobody knew me , I just don't want people to feel sorry about me.

She spent all the day in school silently, she is always like this. She doesn't like talking much , and only true friend she has is Jimmy.

Finally I came home.