Chapter 1

If you visited the New Mountains (Jiuxianshai), travellers would hear an old folk's song about "The Mo Flower." They said that in every spring Lady Wu Yue visits her family home in Lin An. The King always sent a letter to his wife saying only one sentence. "When Mo Flowers blossom, you can slowly come back."—Su " quote taken from The Mo Flowers."

.

*Verse explanation: when Mo flowers bloom along the field, you can look leisurely at them so there's no need to hurry back- opposite meaning to his true feelings if he would simply say "I miss you."*

.

* "Lady* is a title used for wives of the King besides the Queen below the rank of the Queen*

.

————————-

.

.

Chapter 1

.

In the eighteenth generation of Da Shao's dynasty, the Emperor has been ruling with righteousness for twelve years.

.

In the Palace Court hall, a group of high ranking officials has a report of indictment charges for bribery against another official. They are still waiting for the final verdict from the Emperor who sat on the throne. Soon after, another group walked out of their stations and asked for the pardon of the said official. They are pleading for his crimes to be absolved because the man has spent his entire life working for the better of the country. Even if he has no merit to credit him, still his efforts should be counted. What he had done in a moment of weakness, so they requested for the Emperor to have mercy and so on...

.
In short, all of this happened because of the obese official. He is kneeling on the ground while the Ministers are debating whether to simply kick him or fry him in an oil pan.

.
Standing at the last row, Li Qing's head could not help but nod every time to everyone's comment. He seems to agree to everyone, though no one really knows which of the party he was in favour. He is nodding to ensure himself for any foolproof and in a way made him no commitment to anyone.

.

"Your Majesty, I' m being framed by the villain" said the fat old man tearfully to plead his innocence.

.

The young Emperor quietly listened to each party's pleading, the corner of his lips raised and unhurriedly, started to speak, "Oh, which villain dares to provide conclusive evidence, fabricated charges and framed you? Let me hear the name and I will help your case."

.
The Emperor's word has stopped his furiously noisy officials. Silence can only be heard in the halls. Not knowing His Majesty's temper, may result to anyone being done as an official.

.

Li Qing was still nodding, but more frequently to the point that his head is closely dropping to the ground.

.
The Emperor's eyes quickly swept over his courtiers below, and stopped on top of Li Qing's head.

.

"Li Qing." The Emperor called.

.

Li Qing was still nodding, but did not reply.

.
The closest official to Li Qing was De Gang Bai, who hastily pulling his top elbow, but there was still no sign of response, De Gang Bai was simply anxious that he rolled his eyes.

.
'This guy really have little nerves to just dozed off here.'

.

"Rites Assistant Minister Li Qing", the Emperor patiently called him, his tone was gentle not showing his anger.