Chapter 1: The Shadow

„Don’t you dare run away again young lady!” He found my wrist again, pulled me back roughly. Smack. Right on my cheek.

“The next time you go to the market you don’t forget the apples, understood?!”

“Yes, Papa.” I cried.

“And you also be home at time, or we will think about new things that we can do about your unbehaveness!” Another Smack. This time on the exact other cheek. It was not that hard, because it came from my so called Mom, but it still hurts.

“Yes, Mama.”, I cried again, but this time it was not more than a little whine that came out of my mouth. I looked down at my bracelet. For some people it might be just a simple braided bracelet, but for me it was more. It was the only thing I had left from my natural parents. My Mom made it for me when I was still with her, my father had left even before I was born. That was the only thing I remembered.

Finally they got off me, leaving some red marks on my wrists. Again. It’s the same each time I get home from the market or somewhere else. Everytime they have something that they can smack me about later.

I don’t blame them. Who wants a child that just simply was found on their doorstep and before that they decided to never become parents or get a baby in some sort.

And I wasn’t the best child after all, at least I think so…

I was alone most of the time, thinking about how to get out of here.  I did that in my room most of the time, until one of my so called parents comes in and had another reason to hit or scream at me again.

I know what you might think. How could parents do that to their child? Well, ignoring the point that they weren’t my natural parents, they never had a reason to be nice to me. They just simply hadn’t…

I have been an orphan all of my life now. I never had any friends or people I could trust in some sort. But I got through it, I was believing that everything would get better one day.

“Are you even listening to me?!”, I was getting ripped out of my thoughts by my father.

“Y-Yes. I am sorry Papa.”, I answered nervously. They had beaten me up a couple times now today, I didn’t want to risk getting another mark.

“Good. Now go clean up the kitchen as I told you and then go to bed.”

And with that they left me alone. Probably they went to the pub or something, that’s what they did almost every day.

After I cleaned up the kitchen I went upstairs to my room, sitting on the edge of my bed and looking out of the window in the bright and endless night.

I loved looking at the stars, I don’t know why, maybe I thought I would see something one day that would make my life better.

Suddenly the air felt colder than before. A cold and hard gust of wind pushed open my window. For a moment I saw a figure on one of the roof of the neighbor houses, as I stood up to go close the window. I looked outside of the window, leaning a bit out of the window.

For a moment I seriously thought that nothing was going on and was going to close the window again, than all of the sudden I felt a hard grip on my wrist. I looked up from my hands right into two pairs of soulless and deep grey eyes. It was the figure from outside, that I saw before, only that it was more frightening to me now. It kind of looked like…I don’t know, a shadow maybe, but that was just a guess.

“Let me go!”, I yelled at the figure, trying to push myself away from it. By saying that the grip around my wrist only got harder and I heard something that was like a little grumble out of the figures body.

In the next moment I felt myself going up in the sky. I couldn’t even realize it until it was too late for me to grab the ceiling from my window.

“Let go I said! Help!”, I tried to get at least somebody’s attention again.

But my little hometown seemed like it was dead. No people were on the street and now was one of the moments were I really regretted that.

The dark figure dragged me up higher and higher in the sky and I saw getting the earth underneath us get smaller and smaller. I was so fascinated by the view, that I didn’t realize how close we got to the stars. As I looked up again the last thing I saw was such a bright light. And then everything got dark.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey you guys! So...this is my first fanfiction about Peter Pan from OUAT! :)

I know, the first chapter might not sound that exciting at first, but I promise it will get better! I also hope that you don't have any problems understanding my English, I never wrote real stories in English before but I hope I can get better with time. So yeah, don't be to hard to be haha

Other than that I hope you enjoy the story, I am working on it really really hard! :)