Waking Up

As I wake up the first thought that registers in my mind is, something is wrong. I sit up and looked at my faintly glowing alarm clock which tells me it's about 3:15 in the morning. I swing my legs out of bed and walk to my door, as I open it to the hallway I feel like all sound and light has been stripped from the house.

         The only light on in the house is the bathroom next to my room as I walk towards the door all I hear is the padding of my bare feet on the hardwood floor. As I walk into the bathroom I glanced in the mirror seeing someone there, and it wasn't me. A girl, she stares at me with eyes of blue surrounded by pulsing black veins a smirk on her young face.

         Her almost looked grey like a corpse without blood and her clothing was both soaked in water and singed around the edges. Her voice echoes in the room quietly and she says to me " are you ready to meet my fate?" Before I have time to ask her what she meant I fall through the floor and into icy water, my arms and legs flail trying to gain access to the air above me, my lungs burn and they scream at me for breath, then I give up and as I lay limp, then I start to float upwards, towards muddy black shapes.

           I breach the waters surface, and am grabbed by large hands, I hear shouting directed at me calling me an abomination. The hands tied my own hands behind my back to a tall post behind me, the wood digging into my back and the ropes tearing the skin of my wrists. I see the red of fire entering my vision and a torch being thrown at my feet, catching hay on my legs on fire.

          I scream myself horse as my clothes catch on fire and the Flames become hotter and hotter to the point where I feel the flesh melting from my bones. With one last scream I wake up and bolted upright out of the bed, relieved, I realized it was a dream and I start to get ready for the day, never once seeing the innocent white bonnet sitting on my bed.