Prologue

Prologue

The sadness she was feeling was so clearly etched on her face.

The inner turmoil from the many years alone, trapped, unable to escape, unable to even move. It was so clearly there on her porcelain like face, and yet, no one was there to see it. No one was there to calm her nerves, no one was there to save her.

And even if there was, she wouldn't be able to explain; she couldn't even speak. She was forced to remain in the same place for all of eternity. Until the mansion finally caved around her, until she was finally crushed by falling rubble. Until she was finally taken by death.

She gladly welcomed its cold grasp. Anything was better than her constant state of misery. This feeling of being trapped, with no escape, no way to cry out, no way to find help. This feeling of such hopelessness, that she knew would never end until her final breath was gone, until most of her bones were broken. Only her death would bring her happiness, where ever she was sent.

But as her dull eyes looked around the dusty, abandoned doll room, she knew it would be a long time until then. Of all of the rooms, this one was the most stable. Sure, it wasn't very sanitary, but it wouldn't be collapsing anytime soon, much to her chagrin. She blinked, somewhat slower than a normal person would, as if it took effort to blink.

She then moved her gaze to her arm, her eyes flickering with curiousity and false hope. For a moment, nothing happened, as she tried desperately to move her own arm, but to no avail. It was as if she was paralyzed, except it felt worse to her. She sighed, knowing it was hopeless. She had tried to move many times before, it never worked. She was slowly losing the small shreds of hope she had left.

It was difficult for her to remember her old self. So naive, so trusting. Too trusting. She should've let her mother take her father away, it would've saved her from this. How she wished she had known her mother had been trying to help her. She wouldn't be in such a situation now, would she?

She mentally shook the memories away for the moment, knowing dwelling on the past wouldn't do a thing. Of course...there wasn't much else to do. All she could do was sit there, immobile, forever waiting for the grip of death to finally take her away. This was what her existence was for, now.

She was as lonely as she could ever be.

((A/N: I'm honestly not quite sure why i wrote this, other than the fact that I had the idea for it. It took flipping forever to write, as I could not, for the life of me, figure out how to begin it. It's pretty sad, but...you know, what'cha gonna do? I personally don't like my writing, but I'm hoping someone might.
Also, I might continue this, make it a full fledged series, but that really depends on how I feel.
~Aiden the Admin <3))