Moving to Himmel

Kira

"I have to pee

"I have to pee." I said to my dad as we he was driving us this smooth road of this mountain, right between the forest.

"We're almost there." He said and I looked at him.

He looked stressed out, it was all my fault, everything was. He leaned his elbow on the open window and lay his head on his hand, the mark of the golden ring that he wore for years was gone.

Only a tan lay there on his wedding finger, I looked to my side of the open window and take in a breath.

"How's your arm?" He asked out-of-the blue, I glanced at my cast and back at the forest.

"It doesn't hurt." I answered as the wind blew the hair strands that escaped my lazy low bun back, tickling my neck.

"This town is really small, like in that book you read." He pointed out as he slightly turns the wheel to follow the curve of the road and I glanced at him.

"I'm sorry." I said and looked down at my cast.

"Why?" He asked, a sigh escaped my mouth and I bit down on my lower lip with my top teeth.

I could feel the flashbacks kick in and I shook my head leaning my head back on the head rest of the connected seat.

I stared up at the ceiling of my dad's red 1982 Mercury Capri and could feel the cold concrete scratch my skin.

"Kira?" My dad called, I get pulled out of trance and grabbed the water bottle from my backpack.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked and I looked at him again, he made eye contact with me for a second and I shook my head.

"I just want to sleep." I answered looking back at the woods.

~~~

"Kira, sweetie

"Kira, sweetie. We're here." I hear my dad's voice say as he shook my shoulder. I let out a sigh slowly opening up my eyes and feel a cold breeze make goosebumps rise up my arm.

"How long was I asleep?" I asked as a yawn escaped my lips. "Two hours." He answered handing me a jacket, I groaned putting it on and stepped out the car.

"So, what do you think?" He asked walking in front of me, I took out my backpack from the car and looked up at the house.

It looked like a mini castle, the outside was a worn out chestnut color and vines ran up some of the walls. I looked around me to see the driveway was a circle, there was a black gate at the front and there was a dark grey fountain in the middle.

"How did we afford this place?" I asked my dad as I closed the car door and he opened the trunk.

"This is the place I grew up in." He answered and I looked at him.

"This was our grandparents' place." I said walking towards him and helped take out the bags.

"This place is beautiful." I pointed out and he nodded closing the trunk when we finished. "Needs a little bit of trimming." He said pointing to the surrounding of the fountain and I agreed with him.

"Come on, lets go inside." He said and I nodded, I picked up the bags and we walked to the front door. He takes out the keys from his pocket and I inspect the black door, there was really nothing special about it, except that it was two doors.

He unlocks the door and pushes open the two doors, we both walked in to see the only thing lighting the place was the light from outside.

"Here we go." My dad said, I hear a flip switch and then a chandelier lights up. I set the bags down and took a step forward, there was two staircases that led to different directions.

One curved left.

One curved right.

At the center of the entrance when you walked in was a painting on the ground, well, there was paintings everywhere.

"Dad, you never told me you grew up rich." I said turning around to look at him and he chuckled closing the doors.

"My parents were, they wanted to help your mother and I, but we had to go out there and figure out things our way." He explained and I nodded taking off my jacket to leave me on the oversized grey long sleeve.

"Come on, the rooms are upstairs." He said and I picked up the bags from the ground, and followed him up the stairs.

"I contacted the school today, they told me about the dress codes." My dad started as we went up.

"They, uh, said that dresses can't be shorter than knee length, shorts can't be shorter than arms length-" I quickly cut him off.

"Dad, it's winter, the only thing I'll be wearing is long skirts." I said and he chuckled, we finally get to the top and he starts walking down this hall.

"This is the red hall, it's all yours." He said as we get to the last door at the very end.

"A hall of my own?" I questioned as he opened the door and we walked in, I looked at the room in awe and was speechless about it.

"My parents are really old fashion, so you'll need to start a fire in order to stay warm." My dad pointed out as I go and sit at the edge of the big bed.

"This place is really nice, dad." I said as he set some of the bags down and he walked towards me. "I know this is a big change, but we'll manage." He said putting his hand on the side of my head.

"I'm sorry I got us in this mess." I said and he shook his head.

"No, you didn't drug yourself, Kira." He said and I threw myself back on the bed. "But I went to that party, it's my fault." I whispered closing my eyes.