Bee's Story - Part One - New Old School

Chapter One

SHOWNIGHT

Chey groaned as she lifted her amp into the back of the van, slamming the doors hard afterwards. As I sat in the driver's seat, watching her via the rear view mirror, she looked up at me, clearly agitated. She walked slowly around the right hand side of the van, and climbed into the passenger's seat. I looked at her, too nervous to speak. We sat silently for a few moments before she finally spoke up.

"You really botched that one Bee..." she said, repressed anger ringing out in her tone of voice

"H-How was I supposed to know my guitar strings would bust? I blame the sodding company!" I nervously exclaimed, sweat dripping down my left cheek "I only had those strings four days, a-and they already--"

"Just shut up and drive, you idiot..." Chey spoke, cutting me off

My pride told me to defend myself, but logic told me I should just drive. I twisted the key, and started the car.

Chapter Two

A Silent Drive is A Happy Drive

The engine to my yellow Vannogan sputtered as we drove down the highway. The street lights, illuminated the dark, empty road as we drove. Light made Chey's short, pale grey hair slightly shine. She took off her cap and threw it onto the dashboard, closing her eyes and leaning back in her seat afterwards.

I reached with one hand to turn up the radio. Static. Nothing more, nothing less. I flicked it off and sighed, turning left off the highway into a small neighborhood. I pulled up to our duplex and stopped the van. I looked over at Chey. She had fallen asleep on the drive. I tapped her shoulder lightly to no avail, and decided to nudge her gently. She groaned and turned away from m. "Chey, we're here... You need to wake up."

"Screw off..." she responded in a raspy, tired voice

I sighed and repeated myself one more time "Get up"

"Fine. Asshole."

I said nothing in response but simply turned the key left in the ignition, pulled it out and got out of the car. I looked down at the ground as I approached my door. I could hear Chey stumbling lazilly behind me, up the porch steps. We went to seperate doors as we both lived on either side of the double house. We unlocked our doors, slowly opened them, and looked at each other. She could see my discomfort just as easily as I could see her disappointment. She was the first to walk inside.

Chapter Three

8 minutes isn't long enough

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEE-- BANG

My fist comes down firmly on my alarm clock almost immediately after my 5am alarm. I have eight minutes until it starts back up again.

05:01

I groan to myself as i rise from my bed, tossing the my floral blanket to the floor. I rub my eyes and blink, looking around my room. The sun is shining through my only slightly opaque curtains. My dresser is missing a shelf, and my faint yellow walls are littered with stains. I slowly get up and stumble to my dresser, pulling out a white, tight fit T-Shirt, and blue skinny jeans. I grab my dirty, yellow converse from on top of the dresser, and sit down on my bed.

05:02

I slip my shoes on as I sit, and rub my eyes one more time. I look down lazily at them. The laces are untied. I sniff and look emotionless down at them. I don't know how to tie them. I doubt Chey is up to help yet though