The Microsoft Surface Creativity Challenge [CLOSED]

Exciting news, Wattpadders! We've teamed up with Microsoft Canada to bring you a writing opportunity that will excite and inspire you - and could earn you a brand new Microsoft Surface device to help further your creativity!

Want to know how you could win? READ ON, DEAR WATTPADDER!

Wattpad is home to some of the world's greatest storytellers. Their creativity and passion bring stories to life on Wattpad. The key element to amazing stories? Creativity.

The Microsoft Surface has been built from the ground up to help creatives all around the world thrive- be it through digital painting, art, or storytelling.

For your chance to win a Microsoft Surface, write a short story in the comments below and tell us why creativity is important to you!

It might be how the ideas for books come to you, or your love of getting lost in an amazing story, perhaps it is poetry or your love of drawing, digital painting or cover-making!

Whatever it is - we want to hear it.

Submission deadline: 15 August 11:59 pm EST

Submission guidelines:

Entrants must be legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) and 13 years of age or older at time of entry

Your entry must be in English

You must be signed in to Wattpad to comment

You can submit more than one comment to be considered as long as they meet our guidelines

To help spark your imagination, we've partnered with some of our top creators RebeccaSky, FallonDeMornay and LDcrichton to share why creativity is important to them. 

While Wattpad strives to create an inclusive environment for all our users, sometimes we can't make contests and promotions available globally due to legal restrictions. So although only residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) can win, anyone is free to enter, no matter what country they are from! We look forward to reading your story!

- The Wattpad Team