Origin.

White Hat had found Slug, a fugitive who'd escaped every prison short of Superjail. White Hat greeted him with open arms, despite Slug being hostile as ever. He couldn't do a thing against White Hat and his accursed hugs. There was much fight from Slug's end, but surprisingly White did mind at all. He let Slug fuss and carry on, but confined the man to his house. No matter what stunts Slug pulled, the door out of the White Hat mansion was always something Slug was not able to pass through unescorted. Slug calmed after a few months, he started to seem a bit depressed so White Hat came up with the surprise hug attacks. Slug didn't like those very much. He hated them. He hated himself, his situation.

Slug became docile for twenty years. Calm and collected most of the time, strangely icy cold with dripping 'indifference' when White Hat managed to piss him off more than usual. Slug was recovering from his path of villainy, or so White Hat thought.

It was a major surprise to White Hat, the day Slug came into his office: firstly, without his bag on; secondly, actually showing happiness; thirdly, vIOLENT.

Yes. It was the first time in years that Slug had even remotely hinted at his inwardly violent nature. White Hat was very stunned when Slug ran up to desk exclaiming nonsense about "figuring it out" and "finally be free"... Very shocked when Slug had slapped him across the face with a device he hadn't had a chance to see well enough to identify.

Something sunk in White Hat the very moment that device made contact with him. Everything felt eerily heavier, there was the overwhelming feeling something had gone terribly wrong. Before he could process it all, Slug had yanked him towards the human's fist by the tie. Slug had pulled White Hat's face into a punch.

White Hat tried his usual methods of defending himself, but mostly everything had... Simply vanished. He couldn't use them. Dread filled White Hat as he attempted to escape the house, but was only able to merely teleport himself to the living room instead.

White Hat was bewildered and only had so long before Slug would appear again. The pale eldritch felt so drained, a level of exhaustion he was not used to. Adrenaline burned inside, but exhaustion slowed him down. His mind urged him to move faster, think faster, but-
.
.
.
'Why is everything black?' White was internally freaking out. 'I don't remember closing my eyes... Am i- is this what it's like to be unconscious? Why can't I move?! Am I dead?!
No, no I can think... I can't see- I.. I don't hear anything, I think maybe Slug calm-' White Hat had experienced his first absent seizure, his powers usually blocked this kind of thing from happening for him but since those were gone... He had no defense against it.

When he'd woken from his seizure, Slug had already tackled him to the ground. Neither realizing what had just happened in White Hat's mind.

White Hat's eyes widened when he saw Slug aiming a scalpel towards his face. He reached up and grabbed Slug's wrist, intending to make Slug drop it off to the side. Fear became apparent in White Hat for once, a recognition that he could actually die and a realization that he wanted to live.

Slug growled, angered by this. He simply switched the scalpel to his other hand while turning his wrist and grabbing onto White's. He pinned that hand above White Hat's head, and watched as White Hat's other hand reached directly for the scalpel handle. Slug rolled his eyes and momentarily dropped the scalpel to grab White's other wrist and pin that down too, completing the set of hands under Slug's grasp.

Slug finally had one hand holding both of White's firmly to the ground and out of the way. He picked up his scalpel, not saying a word as his captive squirmed against and pleaded to him. He could tell the other was in an extremely weakened state. This was going as planned, the next step was simply to kill White Hat. But, Slug was tempted to take something, a sort of souvenir. To remember the guy by.