The problem (Prologue)

This is honestly the weirdest silliest most cliched idea i have had i think and i love it so i hope you guys do too XDD 

It has never been a problem before in her life, she has never cared about such things, she knows she is very inexperienced when it comes to these things, she knows she can be clueless too but she just never cared before. Not until Matteo came into her life and suddenly made it all really really important.

At first she didn't want it to be that way, she kept herself in denial, Matteo was just playing with her, not actually flirting, Matteo was like this with everyone, she wasn't especial, she didn't like Matteo not even a little bit. But things have changed and now that he has broken up with Ámbar and time has passed she is willing to recognize that maybe her feelings for Matteo are not entirely just friendly.

And that's a problem because she has no idea what to do with all of those feelings, the only boyfriend she ever had was Simón and that was entirely on him and when it comes to Matteo after all this time ignoring everything he ever did to move them in the direction of more than just friends she needs to take the first step herself. Or that's what Nina says.

And Nina is smart she trusts Nina but she doesn't know much of this at all either, not beyond what she has read on books and she doesn't think that actually qualifies as experience or if it's any useful to her. She asked Simón too and he told her to just listen to her heart and do what it tells her and as great and poetic that advice is it also kind of sucks and it's very useless. Which leaves her with just one person that actually would know how to do any of this and he is also the person who has made all of this trouble for her in the first place.

Why is her life so damn ridiculous?

Maybe she can be subtle about it, ask him casually, she will get better and more personalized info than google, which is not really useful, could ever give her about flirting and knowing if a guy is really interested in her. They are friends, he won't think this is weird question, right?

The thing won't leave her mind much less when she is hanging out with Matteo so much, so of course he notices and she could have been more subtle than spacing out completely for minutes a time and anxiously tapping her pen instead of doing the homework they were supposed to be working on, but she has never prided herself on being totally in control of herself so she is not really that surprised.

"What happened?" He asks and she jumps a little surprised by the question and his voice, even if she was busy staring at him from the corner of her eye. "Do you wanna ask me something?"

"No, no, no." She says quickly before thinking it over and taking a deep, deep breath. "Actually, yes."

"So yes or not which one is it? " He asks amused and Luna rolls her eyes at him making him chuckle. He leans in closer to her resting his elbows on his knees. "What is you question?"

She looks around the roller is mostly empty but there are still some people, maybe she shouldn't ask this here or anywhere, she sends glance to her books she could make it's physics question but if she does she will never know and she very much doesn't like the idea.

"How...?" She lets her words trail off before clearing her throat, she can do this, she can do this. "How does one, uhm, flirt?"

He blinks at her, expressionless and she starts feeling anxious and antsy and full of uncomfortable energy that crawls under her skin and makes her want to run away.

"Flirt." He repeats slowly and she just nods. "I am sorry, I don't think i actually know what you mean with that, delivery girl."

"Like how do you flirt with someone?" She asks softly and avoiding his eyes. "And like make them know you are flirting with them?"

"I don't know." He shrugs. "It depends on the person and on yourself and what do you want the person to notice, there are different methods."

"Methods?" She asks sounding alarmed she can't even do basic flirting and this guy wants methods. She will never manage to do this. "Please tell me which ones are these methods according to you?"

"Well I don't know, there's so many ways to flirt." He shrugs. "you can be physical, you can be playful, you can be sweet, you can be curious, you can be obvious, damn even just saying things right away can be flirting."

"Matteo." She says serious, feeling overwhelmed. "I am gonna need you to teach me how to flirt."

"What?" He asks obviously completely surprised and she turns to him with a small pout. "Why?"

"Cause I have absolutely no idea how to do it." She says exasperated.

"And you want to learn?" He and asks and there's something she can't quite understand on his eyes when she nods enthusiastically. "Why do you?"

"I just want to." She shrugs. "I am a seventeen years old and I don't know how to flirt, that's kinda sad."

"No,it's not." He hurries to say. "You are just too sweet to care about these stuff."

"Well,I do now." She tells him. "So please please teach me how to flirt."

He looks at her silent and she puts on her best puppy face, she needs this and she needs to figure out which way would be the best for him, she needs his help.

"I am sorry." He mumbles and Luna's face falls completely. "I need to think about it."

She gasps happily and he chuckles, I need to think about it is not a no. She still has a chance.

________________________________________________________________________________

She is in the school library when he sits next to her the next day , she smiles up at him as always but he has a serious face as he places a notebook in front of her, she can see that there's something written on it but she is just focusing on his face.

"Okay so to make this easier we will assume there are four ways of flirting, in reality there are much more but we will simplify this." He says and Luna just blinks at him. "We will say there is a sweet way, a physical way, a bold way and a teasing way."

"What?" She asks and he shushes her.

"I am explaining something here delivery girl." He says. "We will practice each one for a week, we need to get someone you can practice on and test how you are doing."

"What about you?" She says right away and he chokes a little, she doesn't know if this is a good or a bad reaction, but honestly it feels discouraging. Does he feel that put off by the idea of her flirting with him?

"Me?" He asks ignoring the glare the librarian is sending him for being louder than needed. She makes herself smaller on her seat, he doesn't seem to like the idea at all.

"Well." She starts looking down to her lap and playing with the edges of her uniform skirt. "I don't want to get anyone else involved it would be weird and I don't want to hurt anyone in case they think I am really interested but you know what's really going on here so..."

"Yeah, it makes sense." He says in a flat tone and she doesn't look at him afraid to see what his face might tell her. "So we will practice on weekdays around school and such and on weekends I will give you all the info and directions and couch you to say it on some way."

"Okay." She mumbles. "This sounds great."

"Of course it does." He tells her. "I came up with it myself."

"Obviously." She giggles and they stay silent for a few seconds. "Thank you."

"Anything for a friend." He mumbles not really looking at her and Luna sighs. She really hopes this thing works somehow.