That morning.

I woke up this morning with bags under my eyes. Like any other day, I couldn't get any sleep.

Everything was the same. Wake up, brush my teeth, eat my usual pancakes. 

Except I noticed something different today.

There was a moving truck outside the house across the street; and so curiously I opened the front door, and sat down on the front doors steps, watching the workers bring all the new neighbors furniture inside the house. I don't know why but I decided to watch them until they finished and drove off. Not once had I seen the neighbors, so I figured they were inside. I got up and closed the door, walking into my room and without thinking I'd sit at my desk and take out a light purple paper with ghosts on it and wrote a letter.

"I don't know why I'm writing this, but I welcome you to the neighborhood. Not many people move here mostly because there's only sickly elders here. I'm one of the only kids here in fact. probably the only one. So I guess if you wanna chat write back? I don't go out much, so don't expect me to get the letter fast if you write back."

I stared at the paper and blinked, walking to the neighbors house and setting the letter in the mailbox then going back into my room. I laid in my bed, going back into my precious dreams.

WRITTEN Jun ??, 2018

EDITED 3/14/2024