The Trail Of A Past

"Just a letter!?" shouted Aizak.
"Now what I am supposed to do?" he added with utter dissatisfaction.

"Calm down, Aie. I am here for you." Ruso, who was sitting next to him, replied.

"Oh, nice one, Ruso! You have always ignored me! You never cared to share anything about yourself and you want me to think of you as a friend? I am really sorry Ruso, but this isn't the way a friend treats to another! I believed you, regardless of all the rumors about you and what did I get in return? A feeling that I am being a jerk? Is that your definition of friendship?!" Aizak snapped without holding back.

Ruso just stared at him helplessly.

It seems like just a few days ago, A bright and refreshing morning of August 1989.
Diagon Alley was overfilled with people, It was no big surprise as the new semester of Hogwarts the school of witchcraft and wizardry, was about to begin. Everyone was busy buying Pets, accessories, books etc for their new schooling year, among them, was a Young boy of age 16 or so, average guy with sharpness in eyes and smartness on his face and a brand new book in his hands, struggling to make his way out of a Book shop, His name was Aizak Stone. After getting pushed back and forth, he finally managed to make his way out, while crossing 'Ancient Runes Made Easy Book' from his list, "That completes my shopping, I am all set for my new semester." he mumbled to himself.

Suddenly, someone gripped on his right shoulder from behind, He turned back only to find owner of a well built body, dark toned skin with even more darker eyes which were currently resting on him.
Standing there was Ruso Macbeth.

Aizak was friends with Ruso, well, most likely he was stuck with Ruso, or at least that's what Aizak thought, because He entered Hogwarts before Ruso, Ruso came along between mid term of first year.
They both shared the most beautiful common room of Hogwarts with a bunch of other kids who were sorted into their House, Ravenclaw. They both have their beds beside each other, shared the same class and they shared their Foster home as well. Aizak's parents died when he was very small due to an accidental bomb blast in the factory near their home, Aizak was with his father's friend at that time so he was saved, where as no one knows anything about Ruso's Father's whereabouts nor he was very keen to tell and her mother died due to some unknown disease.

So they were kinda forced in becoming pals.

To tell you the truth Aizak was a lonely kid and Ruso was all he got, so it wasn't like he could complain or anything.

When Ruso first arrived at Hogwarts, there were rumors about him being a cold blooded murderer and being a Ravenclaw, Aizak never paid those rumors any attention but whenever out of curiosity, he used to ask Ruso about his personal life, "Its better if you are off without knowing it." was the answer Ruso used to give him.

"Hello, Ruso!" Aizak greeted him with a smile.

"Hi." Ruso replied, letting Aie's shoulder free.

"Are you done purchasing the required books for our fifth term? " Aizak asked, trying to keep things less awkwardly.

Ruso started walking without paying him or his question, any attention.

"Maybe I should accompany you." Aizak offered nervously and started walking along with him.

That's when Aizak spotted a familiar face and started feeling even more nervous, his heart started racing which used to happen every time he saw her. He was adoring a girl of the same age with long brown hairs and rosy cheeks, her name was Claire Amelin. Although she too was in fifth year like him and Ruso, she was a Hufflepuff.

Aizak was not able to clear her out from his mind since the first time he saw her, but he never dared to approach her in any way. Sometimes they used to exchange 'Hello's' and that one word from her used to fill Aizak's day with joy and happiness.

He kept admiring her from a distance as Ruso walked away in the commotion.

And just like that the whole Hogwarts new session begins taking full swing for them. Every fifth year student got busy with studies, Home works and other assignments as this was the year when they were going to face O.W.L.s and N.E.W.T.s.

The weekend arrived and it had a special importance for the students studying in fifth years as anyone having a consent letter with their guardian's signature on it was allowed to visit Hogsmeade on this day!

Aizak had his father's friend's signature on his letter, he used to visit Hogsmeade only to take a stroll and look at shops brimming with students.

Next day, while attending 'Care of magical creature' class of Professor Silvanus Kettleburn, which used to be combined class of houses Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff, Aizak noticed all the cuts and bruises on Claire's faces and calculating from the way she was walking, she was struggling even to stand up! But there was no trace of pain in his facial expression, she was smiling gently just like she did any other day.
Aizak got a feeling that she was hiding her pain behind that big smile of hers, in order to get her some medical help, he devised a plan. When everyone was paying attention to the Professor who was busy explaining a green coloured creature named Bow truckle to them, he went straight up towards her and tackled her gently, but hard enough to make Claire lose her balance and swiftly caught her just before her body was able to touch the ground. While lowering her down slowly, he addressed Professor Kettleburn "Professor! I am sorry but I am feeling quite dizzy right now, I just collided with Claire and I think I have harmed her legs, can you please excuse her and send her to the medical wing?".

"You should be more careful Aizak, you said that you are feeling dizzy as well isn't? I don't want my top notch students to be falling sick like that and Claire's condition doesn't look perfect either! Kindly escort her to our medical wing, Aizak and get a treatment for yourself too, give my regards to Miss Poppy. " Professor replied with a loving face.

Now that was unexpected. Aizak never thought that he have to escort her to the school matron himself. Her health comes first he thought, he should help her out even if his heart, (who seems to realise her presence a bit late but was on full roll now) was pounding heavily. He tried to calm himself down, then offered his hand to Claire, which she blankly took. He supported her way up on her legs back again with slow and steady steps he made his way towards the nurse's office along with her, still trying to figure out what just happened!

To be continued...

If you liked the story until now, then please drop a vote and a comment, thank you for being patient and kind with me.