A short story based off Edger Allan Poe's "The Black Cat".

as the tittle says this is a short story i made in 8th grade.

i hope you enjoy it

:)

story start:

 One day she accopmonied him, upon some household errand, into the cobblestone celler of the old building which their poverty compelled them to live. The celler walls were a storm cloud grey, cracks embedded in the rocks allowed light green moss to grow within the damp walls. The man and woman walked slowly down the blackened steps, a pure black feline was swiftly manuvering between their legs. The black haired man was looking extremly irritated while the strawberry blond woman was looking endlessly amused as the cat continued to play around their feet. The man was not completly sane as he soon picked up an old rusted ax and aimed at the cat, he missed horribly and hit his wife right between her forest green eyes.

  She fell dead without a groan, at his feet.

  Not at all perturped by the event and murder he just commited, he continued on into the celler, picked up a bottle of strong wine, and with a distainful look towards his now deceased wife he headed up the celler stairs. he never noticed two hatred filled orbs watching him.

  As the mans footsteps slowly died down a new rythem of footsteps picked up. These footsteps though were feather-light and airy, not at all like the pounding steps of the drunken man. following these footsteps was the swish of cloth moving against the ground. A figure appeared then, seemingly to melt from the shadows. The figure wore a pure black cloak with the hood up, the fabric seemed to move like water as the edge of the cloak hit the ground. in the figures hand was a syth, the was bone white and the metal was a sparkling silver. As the figure approached the dead women, the figure took off her hood to reveal the angelic face of a woman. Her peircing emerald eyes seemed to glow and radiate with power as they swept across the muder scene.

   A deep sorrow filled her being as she gazzed at the inocent woman who laid dead on the cold stone floor. A flash of silver and the woman had a long cut that went between her breasts, right over her heart. The dead womans soul was transported to her master, death, to take to the underworld. The blade of the syth was coated in the blond womans shimmering red blood, dripping slowly on to the stone floor. The women in black had seen the murder accur, but sadly, she could do no harm to the drunk man upstairs. Slowly, the shadows started to consum the woman until only a pure black cat was in her place. The cat dissapered into the shadows.

  A few days later, police men showed up on the front door and searched the house for the mans wife. when they came to the celler and searched an unholy wail came from the wall. The police men broke down the wall to find the mans wife nailed on the wall, her head open in a silent scream. and there was the black cat, sitting upon her head. the cat slowly opened its head and let out another unholy wail. The man, who had went silent, broke down and went into a fit of insanity.

  The man was hanged two days later.