Chapter 1: A Family Reunion?

A/N: Hi guys, so here's another new story which I'll try to finish lololol. I hope you like it! Thanks for sticking with me after all this inactivity time, you rock!

It was a great day out at the Edge. Hiccup had sent Snotlout and the twins Ruffnut and Tuffnut out to patrol one of the few remaining neighboring islands of the Edge. Since their island had gone through so much, they decided to investigate each and every smaller island surrounding it, so that they would know if there were hostile tribes there, or perhaps friendly ones with which they could cooperate.

Naturally, when the 'trio of disasters' came to the island there was nobody there, so the twins started goofing off, while Snotlout tried to do the thing they came for, exploring and patrolling the area. He found nothing, so he went back to where he left the twins.

"Okay you two, let's go back to the Edge before Hiccup loses it and blames all of this on me."

Snotlout said, while hopping up on Hookfang – his dragon. The twins wouldn't hear of it.

"Snotlout, we're not going anywhere."

Tuffnut said, with a mouth full of berries.

"You did check those for poison, right bro?"

Ruffnut asked, trying to not cry from laughter. Her brother's lips grew huge. Snotlout then shoved his head in the sea behind them.

"Now, can we please go?"

He asked. The two finally agreed and as they were about to take off, Hookfang and the twins' twin dragon Barf and Belch both heard something and instinctively turned back to investigate.

"Hookfang, you stupid dragon what are you doing? Home is that way you dummy!"

Hookfang was running through the woods really fast, trying to keep up with whatever was giving out that strange sound, and so were Barf and Belch with the twins on them.

"Imagine, what If we were seconds away from discovering a whole new dragon? Hiccup wouldn't be angry at us – he'd reward us!"

Ruffnut yelled out. She mushed her end of the dragon to go faster, but without his other half speeding up he wouldn't be able to do that, so both ends sped up and caught up with Snotlout who ended up on the ground because Hookfang bounced him off.

"What is his problem today? Hookfang!"

Snotlout got up and went through the bushes, ending up on a more secluded beach all the way on the other side of the island. He saw wooden pieces scattered around in the sand and realized there must've been a shipwreck there recently.

"Oh man, so this is why..."

He suddenly cooled off and was about to turn around to say something to Hookfang when all of a sudden he pushed him back as another dragon was trying to attack him from behind.

"What the – what is that?"

The twins arrived just then.

"Whoa, see? A new dragon!"

Ruffnut ran to make friends with it but ended up being launched back in front of Barf and Belch.

"O, o, o let me try!"

Tuffnut got down from the dragon but then, the dragon tried to attack him. Barf and Belch sparked up some flames and blew it away from him.

"That was awesome!"

Hookfang was growling, as if he was trying to reach out to the dragon trying to hurt him. The dragon seemed overprotective of the huge piece of ship that was left from the shipwreck they discovered.