Who are the greatest warrior and fighter in Mahabharatha?

Mahabharatha - some facts to consider - Faith or logic

While reading Mahabharatha you can read with a clear and selected mindset first. One either as a believer and with faith on everything it states and read the old Sanskrit version. Accept all it says as right, true and divine.

Second way to read is with a logical mind. Read again the KMG or BORI version and question and establish logic. You will be forced to discard the divine and extra-ordinary. Then the story is going to lose some charm and some of its epic qualities! But look dispassionately and fully only for logic!

AN IMPORTANT NOTE IS TO IGNORE EVERY SINGLE SERIAL - NONE ARE ANYWHERE NEAR AUTHENTIC. SOME MAYBE WELL EXECUTED OR SYMPATHIZING OR GOOD TO SEE BUT NOT THE ORIGINAL KMG OR BORI FULLY ADHERED.

SOME FACTORS TO ACCEPT BEFORE WE LOOK AT WHO IS THE GREATEST... 

Factor 1

If you believe and have faith then agree that divine arrows or divyastras and divine armor and weapons like Karna armor are all real. Then accept that Bhima had 10,000 elephants strength. Accept that Khadolkacha was there with magical powers from day 1. Accept everything without bias and look and read the stories in the KMG or BORI versions.

Factor 2

Accept that Dronacharya taught everyone the same thing in all weapons and some became exceptional. Arjuna or archery, Bhima and Duryodhana on mace etc. Accept that all knew basic divyastras including Bhima, Yudhisthira and Duryodhana. Only Arjuna and Ashwadhama were given Brahmastra which were given to special students with maturity and control.

Factor 3

Accept that Krishna as the incarnation of Narayana would make Pandavas victorious at any cost due to Dharma!! So even if Draupadi was not dragged or boon was not given and Pandavas continued as slaves. Krishna with allies would demand freeing them and could easily defeat all Kauravas and Bhishma with his power and then allow Pandavas to extract revenge.

Greatest warrior or fighter -Two

My take on the greatest warrior or fighter of Mahabharatha are two.

Before naming them let us look at who is not the greatest and ...

Why ?

I will start with why not Bhishma.

The most learned with the best teachers of all worlds and best warrior. But he does not have Pasupatastra. Only Arjuna has it. Remember both has Brahmastra and every other divine weapon and Arjuna has weapons from all Gods and Gandharvas. ONLY Arjuna has Pasupatastra. He always held back from attacking his grandsire. Parasurama, Vyasa, Indra and Lord Siva says Arjuna is the one who can defeat Bhishma.

Why not Drona?

Same as above Drona has Brahmastra and all divine weapons all taught to Arjuna. Narayanastra was the only weapon he had over and above and it can be neutralized by Krishna or by bowing to it. Again Pasupatastra not available with Drona and not taught all weapons by all Devas and Gandharvas. Sammohanastra made him also faint in Virat war, remember!

Definitely not Karna

Karna as we all know did not have Pasupatastra nor Sammohanastra counter. Defeated by Bhima during Rajasuya and 8 times on Day 14. Satyaki had also defeated Karna once. Arjuna can counter every weapon and had defeated him in Virat war also. Definitely not Karna and definitely not in character anyway superior to Arjuna. Abhimanyu murder and defeat in his hands shows again Karna's weakness.