🌠Second chapter🌠

"Something big, I feel it happening,
out of my control.
Pushing, pulling and it's grabbing me,
feel it in my bones."

Something Big; Shawn Mendes

-

Charles POV:
"What did I just do?" I thought in my head when I was standing on the balcony staring at the calm sea. I took a random girl to my house..am I normal?  But I just couldn't help myself. Why should she spend the rest of her life on the streets? And taking her own life? She is way too gorgeous for that and at that moment something told me to do it. Oh my god, this is so weird! It never happened to me before. But she is different than other girls I've met before and that's why I'm so dragged to her. There is something mysterious about her and I want to find out what. And why I want to be close to her. But there is one problem. She doesn't trust people. I don't blame, she must have gone through a lot of bad things. I must go slowly at her. And be patient. It's gonna be hard and a long way for us. But I'm willing to go for it.  

I decided to call my friend Carola, who is the best psychologist not only in Monaco but also in the whole French Riviera to help me with this situation. We know each other from kindergarten and she is the best friend I can wish for. She is always there for me and understands me whenever I need. And now I really need her help. She never let me down and she always gave me the right advice.

"Hello Charles. What do you need?" she picked up the phone immediately.

"Hey. Well...it's kind of tricky situation and I don't really want to talk about it on the phone. Can you come to my place please?"

"You are scaring me, man. But yeah I'll be there."

-

"So what's the problem?" Carola asked when I let her inside. We sat on the couch and I sighed. She will think that I lost my mind. I never did something like that, not because of some girl.

"Yesterday...well it was today at the midnight...that's not important. Something big happened. I met a girl. Her name is Ariana and..."

"Wait, I thought you have Giada..." Carola interrupted me. Oh, Giada...right. To be honest I don't know if we are dating or not. We used to, for many years, but now... she still wants me, but I'm not sure about myself. She cheated on me after all, that's not something I can easily forgive and forget.

"It's complicated between us," I shrugged, "but I have nothing with Ariana." Yet. Wait...what?! I know she is stunning, but you know her a few hours, for god's sake!

"What is not complicated in your life Charles," she laughed, "anyway what's the point?"

"You will think that I'm crazy..." I started.

"I think that already. I doubt you can surprise me." Wait until you hear that story.

"So she wanted to commit suicide but I saved her. She was of course mad at me. I don't know what happened to me...she was living 2 years on the streets..and I just felt in my bones that I must help her from that misery. I offered her to live in my house."

"YOU DID WHAT?!" She yelled and I quickly put a finger on my lips to keep her quiet.

"Shh. She is sleeping upstairs in the guest room." I whispered to her and pointed upstairs

"Ok, I changed my mind. You are crazier than I thought!" she shook her head. Told you.

"I know, but I just couldn't help myself. But there is one big problem. She has big trust issues because lots of people were mean to her and betrayed her. I think it's a big miracle that she agreed to this. And I don't know how to act towards her and that's the reason why are you there." Carola was quiet, probably processing what I just told her and thinking about some advice.

"Ok...so you are now living with a  complete stranger. She must be really special," she smiled at me. I just nodded. She is.

"Go slow on her and don't push too much. Don't be too greasy. Be gentle and wait till she opens up. It's like when you buy a kitten. Don't try to be too fast, because it's all up to her. Wait till she gets used to everything. It will take some time, but if you do what I told you it will be all fine," I nodded my head. That doesn't sound too hard. I can do it.

"Thank you Car." I thanked her and give her a hug. What would I do without her?

"Anytime mate. Just do what I told you and everything will be fine."

-

After Carola left I came upstairs to check Ariana. I slowly opened the door to the guest room hoping that I won't wake her up. She was sitting on the edge of the bed so I see only her back. She was staring from the window and probably didn't notice me coming. Ok, Charles, take it easy.

"Hey," I softly said to not scare her, but I didn't get an answer, "I just want to ask if you are ok and if you need something...if you are not hungry." She just shook her head still with her back to me, didn't say a word. It disappointed me, I expected her to say atleast No.

"Oh, OK. But feel free to come downstairs if you need anything." I politely said and went out of the room. When I slowly closed the door I sighed heavily. I'll break the wall around her one day. I just need to be patient.