01

"Nasty human

"Nasty human." The beast in front of me hissed, dropping the girl to the ground. He licked his sharp blood-stained fangs with a pink tongue, ignoring the red liquid dripping down the corners of his mouth, and looked down at the teenage girl with disgust, "How you have lived as long as you did, I will never understand."

                I watched as he descended from his imaginary step in mid-air, almost ten feet above my head, with inhumanly grace.

                He was dressed in the stereotypical black outfit: long sleeves, jeans, and shiny, expensive-looking dress shoes. His face was snow white and sunken in from years without fresh blood, black circles lacing around his icy eyes. The sun was rising across from me, but even so, the vampire didn't have a shadow as his feet lightly land the concrete.

                Blake sighed impatiently, "Can we please just get this over with? I'm exhausted."

                I sighed and pushed myself out of the woods, letting my converses tap on the sidewalk.

                His head snapped to me, a coy smile curling on his lips, "Are you not scared, child?"

                "Of you? " I shrugged, crossing my arms, "Not particularly. Of being late for school again? Yes, so can we hurry up and get this over with?"

                "Hurry what up? Do you believe you can take me, human?" He sneered the word with a hiss, baring his fangs.

                "Why don't you come here and find out?" I challenged, smirking a little.

                His eyes narrowed, surveying me, but he didn't move.

                "Will you just take care of him already?" Blake said, stepping out of her hiding place in the bushes and coming to my side, "His aura is so pathetic, it's making me sick."

                I shot her a look, sighing again.

                I hated it when she was in a bad mood. Her words were always accompanied with heavy cussing and unnecessarily crude remarks (even if they were true).

                "I'm on it." I muttered, pulling out the old switch blade tucked under the tongue of my converse, "I don't want to miss more than first period anyway."

                The vampire smirked with amusement, unfazed by the silver blade in my hand, "You think that can kill me, child?"

                "I wonder..." I said absently, placing the tip of the blade to my lip, pretending to think about it.

                "Do not take me so lightly, little girl!" He hissed, jumping into the air.

                Without warning, the sound of fabric ripping filled the air as black bat wings spouted from the vampire. His shoulder-length black hair grew longer, flowing past his lower back, and spiked at the end. The straight teeth in his mouth sharpened, matching a shark's teeth collection perfectly.