Part 1

One may say I'm spoiled but I just tell them I know how to work hard. Ever since I could walk I was working making some sort of income, may it be from the early years of working for my father at his construction company or behind the counter of my mother's bar cleaning glasses. I've tried to save as much as I can to afford living on my own as soon as I turn 18. As soon as that day came I sat down with my parents and discussed my living situation for the next few years. Let's just say it was a hard compromise.

We compromised on a campground. I told them that I could afford my own apartment that is only walking distant from school but they reused due to "high crime" and they don't want their only daughter walking the city streets. I told them I refuse to stay at home and go to a community college even though I have a full ride to the university in the city. After weeks it turned into a joke turned compromised of me staying the family's old camper at a campground.

My family was pretty hesitant when we first pulled up to Camper 326. While my mother and I were putting things away and doing last minute decorations my father and brother, Marke, went around to check the place out. After, 30 minutes of not hearing from them Mom and I decide well go check on them. As were walking through we see more golf carts and what looks like more camper situation like mine and less of random campers around us. That's pretty reassuring since I'll be living in this hillbilly side of town for at least the next four years.

"How are y'all?" We hear as we pass by what looks like an old hippie style camper.

"Um... Who's there?" I reply back.

Next thing I know I see this older lady come on out in what looks like a bathing suit cover up and bare feet. I guess everyone here is on an island time type vibe.

"Hi! I'm Sherri Ryder. But you can call me Sherri, sugar."

"Hello. This is Etta Jane, my daughter, and I'm Regina Greene." My mother replies.

"Hi" I awkwardly reply to her.

"Now are you the new girl that's done moved up in Old Georgie's spot, bless his heart."

Keep in mind, I just met this woman and only have been in this campground for maybe a few hours.

"Yes ma'am, I guess I have."

"Oh man. You know he passed away not to long ago. He didn't pass away there, so don't worry about and ghost or spirits or anything around there. But, if do ever get any type of spoked, here's my phone number you are more than welcome to call me or as you youngins but it, text me."

Mom and I shortly walk away and head back the way we were headed in the first place up to what is called "The Store". The Store is barely a store. More like a spot to play pool or cards while being able to buy cold drinks, ice cream, sunscreen, and what smells like fishing bait.

"You're going down old man." There's Marke.

"Son, you do realize that if you beat me then your sister will get more of your inheritance." Dad says back while hitting two balls in a pocket.

"Dad you know that's not fair at all. Especially when I know all of your tricks in pool."

"I may have taught you everything you know about pool, but I haven't taught you everything I know." Dad once again hits a few more balls in the pocket to the point where it's mostly Marke's balls and the 8 ball.

"Okay son, you could hit it this way and automatically get these two balls, but you risk of hitting the 8 ball as well. Do you really want to hit it? Are you going to do it or play it safe Markey-Mark?" Dad knows how to get into his head so much that Marke then takes the risk and hits the 8 ball right into the pocket.