Catsby: Epilogue 1

The Gay Gatsby

Epilogue: The swan floatie duel (it was consensual don't worry)

By Campbell Gilroy

It was the end of summer. He heard someone in his garden. "Don't drain the pool yet," he told the butler. I was about to leave Gatsby's house when I saw him draw his gun. I turned around to see Wilson appear, aiming his gun at Gatsby's head. "wait!" I cried, holding up my hands. "Don't shoot."

They both stared at me. "you should duel." They nodded at each other.

"In the pool." Gatsby suggested.

As we waited for the butler, we had tea. The guns were set on the ground. The safeties were probably on. The butler huffed and puffed as he blew up two large swan floaties. He held eye contact with me as he blew them up. His face was beet red.

The swans were carefully placed at opposite ends of the pool. They took quite a while trying to balance on the floaties before they caught their footing.

"Turn away from each other." I commanded. The butler wept quietly behind me.

"On ten, turn and fire."

"One." a hush fell over the yard.

"two." A bird shat on my shoulder.

"Three." Wilson fell off his floatie. He got wet.

"Four." Wilson got back up.

"Five."

"Six."

"Seven."

"Eight."

"Nine." I closed my eyes.

"ten." I heard two shots. I looked up and saw both fall into the pool. The water turned red. Gatsby's body sank to the bottom of the pool.

I kicked the butler, but he wouldn't get up. "I suppose I should call the police." I said.

The police said that Gatsby's body disappeared, and I couldn't help but wonder what happened. I went home that night and lay in bed wondering where it had gone. There was a knock on my door that night. It was the butler. "There was something in the pool." He said.

"What was it?" I asked. He just looked at me knowingly.

"You must come see." He grabbed my arm and led me back into Gatsby's yard. There was caution tape around the pool. I saw a large dark shape moving in the water. It was a fish.

"It's a catfish." I said. It began to swim towards the surface. It spit out a stream of water at me and began to grow. Soon I figured out what was happening. The catfish had turned into a naked Gatsby, water making his sparkling abs glisten.

"Hey, old sport." He said, embracing me. "I didn't die."

"Thank god." I said. "Now would you please put on a fucking shirt."