i n t r o d u c t i o n .

AT THE BEGINNING of time, before the universe was riddled with sin and strife, Heaven and Earth found themselves in a strange state of equilibrium

This was a temporary fix, of course, as it was not soon after humanity's initial creation that an Archangel named Lucifer was cast down from Heaven on account of his hatred towards mankind.

The other celestials, grieving the loss of their brother, were now presented with a new threat- the birth of Hell.

It was difficult enough for the Lord and his Angels to save Earth from just the corrupt nature of humankind, but with their growing fear of their fallen brother's intentions, hope seemed to be fading. In order to protect the fragility of man, Heaven needed a stronger understanding of the inner workings of the human mind.

Thus, God created the Solpetha.

Heavenly Father chose a select few humans- the ones with the brightest of eyes and the kindest of hearts- to be blessed with a gift. There were fewer than a hundred at a time, spread throughout the entire planet in complete anonymity to each other. These people lived completely normal lives, and yet, they were the only thing keeping Earth from descending into utter chaos.

Eventually, however, the abundance of the Solpetha diminished as the Angels gradually distanced themselves from humanity, now more concerned with sorting out the growing issues within Heaven itself rather than on the measly planet being destroyed by humanity's carelessness. As the connection between the two faded away and God disappeared from Heaven, the presence of Solpetha vanished completely.

Before God left the scene, he chose one last worthy human to bestow his blessing upon in hopes of stopping Lucifer's Apocalypse.

Her name was Makayla Winchester- the sister of the Righteous Man and the boy with the demon blood; the advocate of humanity alongside the true vessels of Michael and Lucifer; the beloved sister, expert hunter, and the final hope the Angels have left.

She was the last Solpetha, which meant she was special.

It meant that she had been blessed by God.

It meant she had angelic grace pumping through her veins.

It meant that she could hear the Angels.