Demon Slayer Episode One: Close call

Chapter One

The sound of her steps echoed through the hallowed alley way. She tried to maintain whatever breath she could but heavy breaths escaped her lips. The creature crept behind her and used its claws to pin her to the ground. It's appearance frightened the girl more than her fate.

   "Please, don't! I'll do anything!" she begged the creature as if it were human.

   But then the creature was extremely vivid from the shine of a nearby a street light. It's appearance was similar to a werewolf. It had claws, fur, and big red eyes. The creature stood at an average person's height. But this creature is called an Adlet. It is native to a werewolf but kills to full fill its hunger.

   The girl took a deep breath and closed her eyes. But almost as if an assassination, the creature had been shot and killed by a distant killer. The girl frantically searched for her hero and saw a shadow out of the corner of her eye. She ran after the shadow but lost it. The person that saved the girl is the demon slayer. Her name is Avery Harkness. And what the girl didn't know, was that her hero was just around the corner from her as she continued to search. Avery stood against the wall, out of breath, and trying to blend into the darkness.

   Eventually when she saw the girl leave, Avery went home. She crept in the front door with her mother laying on the couch, sleeping. Avery went into her room and went to bed.

   The next morning she was awoken by her sister.

   "Avery, a werewolf was found today."

   "What?"

   Sophia, Avery's sister, jumped on her bed up and down and anxiously filled her in on the recent discovery.

   "It was found in an alley on Salt Street. A police officer found it this morning. Do you want to go see it?"

   "Sophia, don't believe the stuff you hear on the news

   As Sophia told her about the creature in detail, she remembered the night before and frantically jumped up. When Avery kills a creature she usually burns it, but by escaping the thankful almost-victim, she was preoccupied.