Blood Rain

(Authors note: this is one of my own short stories I hope you enjoy! love, SilentFae)

The gravel crunched under the tiny girls' feet giving a sickening sound almost like it was moaning in pain, The darkness that surrounded gave her comfort that none other could. It was peaceful almost like it was calling the girl into the abyss but no she wouldn't go. Not yet at least.

The girl turned her head to the sky that supplied the only source of light. The moon was grand in its full state, it seemed the moon was going to be the only audience tonight. This is where it began but also where it would end. The game was coming to a close, it was the game we played as children.

Hearing a scream in pain brought the girl out of her musings looking at the man on the ground looking utterly defeated covered in that lovely crimson red that excited her. His lifeblood was seeping out onto the gravel as the rain started to pour. The blood and gore were so much that it excited the girl so that she couldn't contain herself! Lifting the knife that was in her hand up to her mouth licking the blood off the blade.

The rain around her seem to turn that beautiful crimson color giving the girl chills that could have been mistaken for fear but her and the man both knew it wasn't fear, it was a pleasure for more of the sweet nectar. Plunging the blade down into the man again bringing forth a loud scream from the elder of the two and a twinkling of bells from the girl as she giggled. 

Blood splashed covering the little girls face her red eyes glowing in the moonlight.

"Did you honestly believe that you could get away? Foolish boy!", she whispered digging the knife deeper into his heart before continuing 

"You lost the game while also taking everything from me! and everyone calls me the monster when you are the true monster!"

The rain continued to fall color draining out of the man's face the knife still lodged in his chest. She looked at the man in disgust turning and walking away as the sirens started to get closer a cruel smile gracing her face she said to no one but the darkness that surrounded her.

"That sure was a fun game of hide and seek! Now, who will play with me next!"