Blood

Blood. The blood on the ground slowly began to soak into the forest floor, the freshly spilled life essence surrounded several individuals and in the middle of the chaos of corpses lay a man, eyes dreary as his own blood slowly spilled out and onto the ground from his wounds. This is Galyth, he has been in many situations like this before; where he clung to life by strands after his rage induced slaughter. The individuals in question were horrors, aberrations that used to be human. Cuts littering their bodies. Their faces were torn and contorted from fungal growth on their bodies. The mushrooms were flat in shape and extended outward two inches from their faces. Galyth was still laying on the ground, taking a deep breath and exhaling through a closed mouth, this was possible due to his cut open cheek, a half-forced smile on the left side of his face that exposed his sharp teeth to the world. His yellowing eyes were dull and almost lifeless due to his current condition. A sickening crack sounded as he slowly arched his back upward, forcing himself to sit up. He stared as more of the aberrations moved in from the brush into the clearing. Galyth stared angrily, waving his hand as fire coated his body. He grabbed his face and growled as his cuts were practically sealed shut by the flames. He grabbed his knives and watched their glow along the blade. "Future technology...still haven't perfected batteries." he mused as the glow flickered. Standing to his full height, Galyth's eyes were a bit more lively. A loud crack as he tilted his head left to right and let out a sigh. Taking deep breaths, he covered his face and idly licked at his cut open cheek, slight fungal growth occurring on the open wound. He took the knife and looked down into a puddle of blood, and cut away anything that he could see growing. Fire licked at the new wounds, sealing them closed from the burns. A deep breath...his eyes lit up some more, and they gazed outward...steps coming forward from the dense brush. 

Galyth's good side cracked a smile as he faced the Aberration's moving forward. Three in total, one had nothing for a weapon. Another had a metal shiv, a third had a laser pistol. An MK.1 Howister pistol. Civilian grade.

Galyth grinned at the Aberrations who were shambling toward him slowly. He grinned and rushed forward like a marathon runner, going for what he assumed was a leader. Both his knives stabbed into the zombie's head before it could react, he caught the second one out of the corner of his eyes and spun around using the dead body still on his blades to absorb an incoming strike from a metal shiv. The fungal abomination growled in abject rage as Galyth kicked the body away and whipped around dodging a laser bolt, he ducked low and raced into a sprint at the third Aberration that fired widely at him. He jumped into the air and spun, slashing both knives against the creatures neck. He dropped to a knee and took panting breaths, raising his head and staring eerily at the last remaining aberration, it seemed to know it was outmatched and slowly began to back away--before it fell over. Galyth stood slowly and marched over to the beast. He tilted his head at the poor defenseless creature, that had dropped its metal shiv and was crawling away. He grabbed the being by the shirt and paused...it was gray and torn up prisoner's uniform. He couldn't make out the name, nor the number this ex-convict was...He let go of the monster, as he saw the things...fear. He laughed idly and looked to the sky, laugh cut short as his eyes followed a ship--it flew overhead and crashed into the distance. He tilted his head and let out a long exhale. "...new playthings." he grinned. What could go wrong with another walk?