Introduction

Dan hated the water. For as long as anyone could remember when the sea had touched the brown haired boy, or even been in his sight, he had squirmed and ran away in fear for the nightmares that tore through his delicate and young mind while he slept, and had forced him to believe that something beautiful and natural was out to cause him pain and death.

Doctors had diagnosed him with 'post- traumatic stress disorder' following the loss of his loving parents due to a boat accident when he was six, 10 years later and living in a orphanage, dan had still not gotten over their deaths, and had recurring nightmares that drowned every last piece of happiness in him until he felt like his lungs were full of the same water that took the lives of his mother and father and all the people before them. Teaching him that his happiness wasn't right. wasn't natural.

Even in the daytime the nightmares never stopped, the water remained in his lungs, making it a constant struggle to take a breath, the water sloshed round his brain, stopping the young boy from feeling. The water got into his joints and muscles making it hard to get up in the morning and to do things that needed doing, even when he knew it could change his life. And worst of all it got into his dark brown eyes, making all things beautiful disappear and be covered by a black veil

The water was slowly filling up his body, drowning him from the inside out. sinking his body like a ship that had sailed too long, and he let it, what did he gave to loose?

That was until he met Phil, his life preserver in the wide ongoing ocean that was his mind.