The purchase

"My son... Michael, he has no friends... do you have a bot for that?" Mrs. Mell spoke, panicked. It was true Michael had no friends, and that was taking a toll on pretty much everything. He was only in kindergarten but he'd already been friendless the entire year and then pretty much his entire life. He only had 1 friend, Emma, but she had died very young from a disease that only had a cure after she passed away. 

"We don't have a bot for that, it's quite specific... but you can purchase a child bot and instructed it to just be your son Michael's friend!" Mrs. Mell wrung her hands nervously, her palms becoming sweaty and gross. 

"Will that be hard?" She asked curious and almost disappointed. 

"No, child bot RK207 is very good at taking orders. They are also highly intelligent but you can 'dumb them down'" the man at the desk said, showing her to a short male bot "you can change its appearance with this tablet if you wish, it's quite easy. Take a look." He pushes his hair back before tapping on the tablet a few times, the model bot quickly changing its appearance to have darker hair and longer legs. 

"Okay, I'll take it." She said grabbing the tablet hastily, changing the bots of appearance, name, and voice sound. He was quite tall, with curly hair and freckles splattered across his face. 

"Hi I'm Jeremy, and I am your new robot. What is your first-order to me!" he spoke in a young squeaky voice. 

"Perfect. " Mrs Mell mumbled,  paying for the bot quickly. 

---

Jeremy trailed behind Mrs. Mell, holding his hands politely at his waist. He looked about the city, absolutely fascinated with everything. 

"Jeremy." Mrs. Mell said sharp but caring, looking back at her new child--her child's new friend. "I need to tell you a story, your story" she said looking at her- Jeremy. She pushed his fringe back, revealing a LED light glowing a bright blue, she quickly picked it off and curtly threw it in the trash beside them. "Forget the last twenty seconds." she said sternly, her eyes shifting around to make sure nobody saw. 

"Pardon?" he spoke back looking into her eyes making her feel a bit guilty. 

"I didn't say anything?" she said quizzically, looking at the approaching vehicle. "The bus is here. Lets get on." she said grabbing his hand, before he froze.  

"I have to go in that one" he deadpanned pointing to the android door. Mrs. Mell panicked a bit before saying "You're not an android!" 

"But I am? I'm a model RK207 made by cybe--" 

"I order you to forget you're a bot. From now on you're a human from Canada and our family is taking care of you. When we get back you'll meet my son. His name is Michael. He's the same age as you, you're 4. Got it?" she spoke rushed, ushering the tiny 'human' onto the bus.

A small smile broke onto his pink tinted hips and he asked, in a completely child-like voice "Are you my new Mommy?"

She looked down at him sincerely and spoke quietly "No jere-bear, I'm only your guardian."

"Like a superhero!" he said, bouncing on his seat and grinning wide.

Mrs. Mell smiled endearingly "Yes, like a superhero. Do you like superheros?"

"Yeah! In Canada me and my mom watched X-men... before she sent me away..." Jeremy sniffled a bit, recalling a memory that didn't exist. It was fascinating and horribly depressing at the same time. Tears welled up in his eyes. 

"Oh sweetheart..." Mrs. Mell whispered hugging the little boy close. He cried into her blue sweater. It was all so curios how a robot could emulate these emotions. 

"Here," she said slipping from her sweater and draping it on him. "Your mum gave it to me when she was pregnant with you" 

He looked up at her, wiping his tears on his sleeves which were much longer than his little arms. "Thank you" he mumbled through hiccups. 

"The bus is home." she whispered pointing out the tinted windows to a large black and white house. They got off and made their way, which was only a minute, to the building. Unlocking the door, with her fingerprint, and then saying "Add new person." to which the small pad replied "Yes, please put your hand over the sensor and hold it for 10 seconds." Jeremy did so and it clicked a bit. "Unlock door." is said. Jeremy stuck his hand out over it and the door unlocked once again, being pushed open by Mrs. Mell. 

'''

Hi guys, this is kinda a demo book because it might not prick many peoples fancy but if you enjoyed it then go ahead and leave a vote and comment. Also if you want your name featured for a character then pm me and you'll see your name in it soon! 

-Jeremy