I Know I'm Not Your Favorite Record (Jack Barakat) [All Time Low]

I saw something for a one shot contest, so I decided to enter this one. I really liked this one I wrote for my one shot book, so that's why I'm entering it. I hope everyone likes it! c:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Madeline was on her way to her favorite record shop, Rock and Roll Records, down on Fifth Street. She always went there whenever she got paid at her job, which was a waitress at a small bar downtown. Sure, it wasn't her ideal job, but it got her rent paid and it gave her enough money to buy a few records at the shop. Since she was there so much, the owner, Wayde, knew her very well. They even became close friends too, and because of that, she'd even get discounts on the records she bought. Comes in handy loving records, huh?

"Mads!" she heard Wayde say as she walked into the shop. "Good to see you again."

"You too!" she smiled.

"Anything in particular you're looking for today?" he asked.

"Hmm, not really, but if I have questions, I know who to ask," she laughed.

"You know where to find me!" Wayde said, turning back to the records he was organizing. 

Madeline laughed again, then walked up the stairs. This was by far one of the biggest record stores she'd been too, and frankly, that's why she loves it so much. They're always getting new records in, and then there are hundreds of genres to choose from. There are so many bands she's never heard of that she now loves.

She started her search upstairs in the Alternative section. That was basically her go-to section. After looking for only a few minutes, she found Twenty One Pilot's Vessel on vinyl. She couldn't have been happier with the find, but continued looking once she grabbed it. Soon after she found a +44 album as well. Right as she was going to go look at another section, her eye caught a Blink-182 album. She instantly snatched it up, then went on her way.

She walked over to the Early Punk/Garage Rock sections. Right as she got there, she noticed that her favorite Blink-182 song was playing over the speakers, which was What's My Age Again?. She started merrily singing along as she walked to yet another section. The sections would seem endless to someone who's never been there before. As she was still singing, she wasn't exactly watching where she was going and suddenly bumped into someone.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry," she apologized, picking up her +44 album.

"It's ok," someone laughed, picking up an album they dropped too, which Madeline noticed was also Blink. "I wasn't watching where I was going. Too busy singing."

"Same here," Madeline chuckled, finally standing up and looking at the person.

"I'm Jack," he smiled, shaking her hand. "Barakat. Jack Barakat."

"I'm Madeline," she smiled, shaking his hand and pretending she had no idea who he was. "but people call me Mads."

"So, I can assume you're into Blink as much as me?" he laughed.

"It's only like my favorite band," she smiled.

"Well, then you've got good taste in music," he smiled back.

"Well, thanks," she laughed. "So do you."

"Why thank you ma'lady," Jack bowed, making Madeline laugh.

The two of them continued to talk as they both looked at different genres of records, but a lot of times while they were talking, they'd wind up looking at the same ones, then laugh. Guess they liked the same music, huh? But that wasn't a problem. Jack was still under the impression that Madeline had no idea who he was, so he thought it was pretty cool to randomly run into someone - literally - and had nearly the same music tastes.