Chapter 1

The red capped boy was riding his bike along the road of Onett.
Ness had a wide grin as he zipped along the streets of town, avoiding cars in a nick of time as they honked their horns at his passing.
He didn't really know what to do, his mom kicked him outside and off his gaming system, and all his friends were busy with their own events.. Well except one.
A chubby blonde, sitting on a bench nearby Onett's arcade.
He was eating some sorta weird gunk, probably a peanut butter bar, or a big city burger that his dad often buys when he goes to the city.
When Ness biked by, he waved him over.
"Hey Ness!" Porky greeted in the most nonchalant manner, scarfing down his food.
"..Oh, Hey Porky." Ness stopped his bike by the arcade, put it on a stand and sighed.
"Notice how nobody's in town? I tried to see if my chums wanted to play a game of baseball in the field, but they're all busy. Most of the time they ain't busy, which is why it's kinda bumming me out."
Ness vented, kicking his foot against the ground.
"Haven't you heard? There's a huge festival in Fourside. There's like, a carnival and stuff.." Porky replied.
"They're prolly there."
"Oh! Yeah, right.." Ness said in an oblivious matter. He felt embarrassed because he wasn't aware of this quote on quote 'huge festival'.
"Dang, all the way in Fourside? That kinda sucks. They're probably gonna be there all day, and since 'ma kicked me out with no one out.. I'm kinda bored and dunno what to do."
"What do ya mean, Pig's Butt?! I'm here for ya." Porky slugged his arm playfully.
Ness slugged him back retaliatingIy. "I meant people who like playin' some B-Ball, or anything... Active. I know you're not the type for all that junk."
"Yeah, you're right about that I guess." The blonde patted his stomach. "I've been bored too. My dad's workin' at the festival. He told me to stay here because he didn't want to pay for me to come along. He's such a cheapo, and I'm broke." Porky complained, adjusting himself on the bench.
"Hm." Ness took a moment to think, sitting down on the bench beside his plump friend.
"Hey! I have an idea. Maybe I can ask my 'ma to take us both to the festival. Pretty sure she'd love to if we convince her, or maybe she'd allow us to ride a bus there. I got the bucks to do that!" Ness exclaimed. "I'm sure it'll be a fun ol' time, and I bet the others are there too."
Porky nodded quick. "Oh! That sounds great, Ness. Ya think they'll serve good foods there?"
Ness chuckled. "Of course, it's a festival for pete's sakes, Pork!"
Porky got up.
"Oh yeah. I'm all for it then!" Porky started running off.
"Ask your mom, then come to my house and tell me what she says!"
Ness smiled and nodded. "Sure!"
Porky ran off, he is surprisingly quick for his size.
Ness kicked up his stand and biked home.
Once he got home, he went through the door and his mom was cooking his favourite thing for lunch, steak.
Ness got a whiff of it and the aroma was great to his sniffer.
"Hey, that smells awesome mom."
The boy complimented, sitting on the couch as he petted his lazy dog, King.
"Thank you dear!" Ness' mother smiled to her son.
Ness did the same, but then the question popped into his mind. 
"Soo, I heard that there's a festival going on in Fourside."
Ness began, taking off his hat and straightening his hair.
"Ah, I remember hearing Mr. Minch talk about it now that you bring it up." His mother replied, putting food on a plate for her son.
"Mhm.. I was wonderin'.. Can I go there? I want to see if my friends are there, since nobody's 'round town.. Oh, and Porky wants to come with me too."
Ness said, listening attentively for a response from his mother.
"Hm.. I don't know Ness, Fourside is pretty far, and it's very hot out.. And you'll be going through a hot desert on your way if you were to walk-"
"No. I'll buy bus tickets. For me and Porky both." Ness interrupted, getting out his ATM card.
"Porky too?" Ness' mother asked.
"Yeah. Porky too." Ness replied.
"I'm feelin' generous today, plus we're friends.."
His mother placed Ness' food on the table, and Ness sat down and began eating.
"Alright. If you're responsible for buying tickets young man, then I'll allow you to go to Fourside."
His mom said, calling down Ness' sister for food.
"Thanks mom." Ness ate up, letting out a gentle belch. "Heheh. S'cuse me."
His mother rolled her eyes, along with his sister, Tracy.
"I'll be on my way! Bye Mom, bye Trace!"
They both waved the red capped boy goodbye, as he went out the doorway and slammed the door unintentionally.