September 26, 5:53 a.m.

The light from the streetlamps filtered in through the window. The house was near silent except for the slight creak of the front door opening. The figure who was masked behind the door slowly came in. He carefully tried to get through the house without making any noise. Turning down the hallway which led to the bedrooms, he gently wrapped his hand around one of the doorknobs and opened the door. He flicked on the light in the bedroom. In the room was a girl lying in her bed. She groaned when she saw that the light had been turned on. She glanced at the person in her doorway, then closed her eyes and turned away.

"Christine," the person whispered as he leaned on the door frame, "It's time for you to get up."

"Why do you do this to me, Bryan?" Christine grumbled as she pulled the covers up over her head.

"We go through this just about every morning. You can't seem to wake up without out me. We have tried just about everything to get you up. The alarm clocks just don't seem to work."

"The alarm clocks have snooze buttons," Christine whined as she rubbed her eyes to get them adjusted to the light, "Good thing you don't have a snooze button or I would never make it to school on time."

"Yeah, good thing. I am going to start making breakfast so, you get ready now." Bryan began to walk away but quickly turned around and added, "Oh yeah, happy birthday." Christine had seemed to forget that it was her birthday today and sat on her bed confused before she could mumble out a thank you. Bryan, however, was already too far away to hear her. Christine got up and shut the door and began to get ready.

Bryan quickly busied himself with cooking. Not too long after he began, his phone rang.

"Mayroise," the voice on the other end barked.

"What do you want Kraijer?" Bryan asked impatiently, "I am kind of busy at the moment."

"You better have your eyes on the girl at all times. We can afford to have anything happen to her today, Blue Boy."

"I am perfectly aware of this Kraijer. I have only been hearing this since the day I was born."

"Yeah, sure. You just do your stupid Mayroise job that has been given to you just like you are supposed to-" Bryan ended the call and slammed the phone down on the countertop. He began to busy himself with the cooking again as the phone continued to ring behind him. Christine walked out of her bedroom not long after the call had ended.

"Is something wrong?" Christine asked noticing Bryan's anger.

"Nothing is wrong. Just eat your food, its getting close for time for us to leave for school anyways."

☆★☆★ So you made it to the end of the chapter? Well good for you. I would like to personally thank you for making it here. Please support me by leaving a vote or maybe a comment or you could just keep reading my story. Any of those are good. So, once again thanks for reading this and have a nice day doing whatever you are doing. ☆★☆★