My Life the Past Few Months...

I know I'm not alone. A lot of families go through divorce. This is the second time my mom divorces a man who has been an asshole. Except this one.. isn't exactly a man.

Yeah.

The dad I grew up to know is transitioning. Not that I mind, I support, but it's difficult having your male role model suddenly change into a another female role model. Again, I don't mind but the line crosses... when all they think about... is themself.

Natalie this, Natalie that, blah blah I start hormones now, blah blah blah, I got a new girlfriend, blah blah blah, ugh nothing gets done around the house
I'll have you know, my mom and I are ALWAYS cleaning this damn house for you. You want this damn house clean then start cleaning it yourself and stop treating me and my mom like we are your servants!
Blah blah blah, everything is about me!! I don't ask about other people because I have to be the spotlight!!

Not everything is about you Natalie.
I love you... but this whole self-centered attitude needs to stop. You treat us like crap almost all the time. I get sick of it.

Unfortunately, my parents can't separate. We don't have the money. And we have a 2 year lease for a house we rented. And what about my brother? He's too young. He needs a male role model. He needs a dad. He's only six!

As for me, I watch my little brother for hours on end. From 7am all through 6pm from Monday through Thursday and sometimes Friday. That's 11 hours straight everyday. I hardly get time for myself. All I do is babysit and clean the house. My mom works all day and gets herself hurt and works out to live long and heathy. Natalie on the other hand doesn't do anything at all. Never cleans, complains about everything, goes to concerts, goes to friends houses, goes shopping. She's out doing all the fun stuff while me, my mom, and my brother are busy.

She even complains that whenever my mom can't pick up the phone, that she's not getting support. She calls my mom 5 times everyday and when my mom doesn't pick up, she complains that she isn't supporting her.
You getting this?

I was lucky. This was dumped on me right before milestones. School life was already bad enough for me. I had rumors spread, I was being cyber bullied, I was being threatened to my face that I was gonna get beat up and all because I asked if my friends boyfriend was ok. I spent hours in the counselors office. My mom had to get involved. All the counselors, administrators, and even the principal was involved. The people who have done that to me had to talk with the school board. Anyway, during the school stuff and everything that was going on, I decided to try to take my mind off of school and hang with my mom. I was out at the mall with my mom as a date to make her feel better. She wasn't happy and I didn't understand why. She's been like that for weeks. I finally ask what was up and she told me her and dad were getting a divorce. I was shocked but not so shocked all at once. It was later when my dad had explained that he was transitioning. How exactly was I lucky through this, you ask? Well, going back to school I had a hard time talking to my friends since everyone I knew were friends with the people who started everything. So I started to study more and more often considering I couldn't hang out with friends. The good thing was that even after everything I went through, all the drama, everyone complaining about having to go to a hearing, the family drama, was that I was finally starting to pass my classes. From the drama, my grades spiraled down, but I brought them back up tremendously. For example, my grade in math dropped to a 54 but I brought it up to an 87 by the end of school. I passed all my classes, all the milestones, all the finals. And I passed with honor roll.

After that, my dad came out to me about transitioning. Of course I was happy at first but you know... it is spiraling down because of how my mom, me, and my brother are being treated. It's not abusive but her shit is getting pretty old. It's just always about her and never about us. I open my eyes and I know now.. that she is just like my biological father. They are both self-centered... And they are both pretty cruel.

So this is pretty much how my life has been for the past few months. Happy to be out of school and away from people, but upset to be home and babysit and clean for hours and listening to Natalie talk about herself all the time and leaving me alone with my brother for hours...