An Invitation

A/n: Italics are your characters interviews.

Yn's POV

It was a normal morning. I had just finished breakfast and was watching TV. Then a knock sounded at my door. When I opened it, I saw a woman who I didn't know. "Telegram for Ms. Ln" she said and handed me an envelope. And then she was gone. I shut the door behind me and took a seat on the couch. I opened the letter and read it aloud.

"To my esteemed friends,
I have acquired an illustrious estate through the death of a distant relative who I've never met. I thought it only fitting that I invite you all to attend a dinner party on its grounds. It will certainly be a night to remember.

However the estate is quite peculiar. It only exists in the year 1920. To enter its grounds, you must be dressed entirely with clothing of that era. If you are carrying anything from the modern world, the house will simply never appear for you.

And not only your clothing, but your attitude must reflect the time. I have included your unique characteristics on the back of this invitation. My driver will pick you up and take you on a road that can only be driven by his mysterious time traveling automobile. Then almost like magic, the place will appear.

From your friend Joey Graceffa"

I flipped the letter around to reveal my characteristic. Two words appeared before me. The Investigator. I went to my bedroom and looked through my closet. I knew the perfect thing to wear.

I put on tight black slacks and a plain white button up. I also clipped on black suspenders. My boots were put on over my pants and were tall and black with laces down the front. I placed a long black coat over my shoulders before putting my hair in a tight bun at the back of my head. Finally, I bobby pinned a black detective hat onto my head and clipped a fake badge to the top of my pants. Just as I did, a car pulled into my driveway. I got into it and it drove me to this elegant estate.

My name is Yn and I am the Investigator.

(Intro so you know who everyone is)

"My name is Shane and they call me the renegade."

"I'm Eva, my character is the journalist."

"I'm Oli White and I am the big game hunter."

"My name's Justine and I'm the gambler."

"My name is Andrea and I am a fixer."

"My name is Matt, I am the professor."

"I'm Sierra and I am an heiress."

"My name is Lele Pons and I am a hustler."

"My name is Timothy Delaghetto, I'm a mobster."

"I'm Glozelle, and I'm the Jazz Singer."

Many people were already inside looking amazing in their outfits. I recognized some of them, but not all. "Yn" Lele said as she spotted me. "It's been forever." I looked at her outfit. "Let me guess" I say. "You're a hustler." She gasped. "How did you know?" "Investigator Ln at your service" I say and bow.

Everyone quieted down as Joey descended the stairs. "What do you guys think" he asked. Everyone cheered. "Welcome to my new house. You all look amazing tonight in your 1920s attire. I want to introduce you all to my wonderful staff that actually came with the house. Arthur, who is head of staff. Sarah, the maid and then there's Marvin, who's the groundskeeper. Dinner is almost ready, but until then, let's get to know each other a little bit more and have some drinks." Everyone applauded and split up to socialize.

I ended up talking to a boy named Oli White. "You're a Big Game Hunter right" I ask. "Did you just come from Africa?" He nodded. "But how did you know?" "I'm an investigator. I deduce based off of what I see. You've got on a fur coat that looks like emu hair, or maybe some sort of cat. And you've got a bit of a tan. That means you've been somewhere hot. And the place with both of the animals I guessed is Africa. You've got a British accent and I know for a fact that Brits don't just go down to Africa for fun so because of the coat I'm assuming your a Hunter." "That's amazing" he said.