Prologue: A Simple Night

Summary: Voldemort reigns over in a world caught by lies and deceit, of madness and chaos and where peace is a foreign concept. She tries to find solace and the cure. Who would have thought that he would be too? Caught in the eye of the tornado, the two try to break out of their burdens, only to find that perhaps their storms aren't as different as they think. Does not follow the 7th book.

Prologue: A Simple Night

She stands at the edge of the platform, her hood covering all but her face and a few rampant auburn curls which continue to dance in the silent wind. Her arms cross, for once not in defense but in disapproval of a world she can do nothing to but judge. Her dark cloak bleeds into the night, mixing with the inky blackness, the velvety material not allowing highlights to be reflected in the full moon light.

Her eyebrows furrow as she peers onto the tracks, the wayward line of her mouth speaks of disappointment and misery, whispering only in soft exhales. Her eyes drift from the tracks, looking accusatorily at the moon. They seem to ask, how are you so bright in this darkness?

The light shines on the cobbled sidewalk behind where she stands, the highlights on the stone appearing to be blank, yet somehow omniscient eyes. Little does she know that behind those omniscient eyes, is another pair observing her, in a quizzical peace.

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter, or any related characters, places and intellectual property. All rights are to JK Rowling.

A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I plan to update every week, (hopefully). I have the next few chapters ready, so I'm good for now ;)

If you have the time, please leave a review. This is my first story posted here, so I would love to hear your thoughts ^_^

-Pheonixriser