my name is lily

Today started out like any other day. My alarm sounded at 6am awaking me from my sleep. I hated waking up in the morning not by the fact that i was not a morning person, but the fact that i had to wake up in the same house as my stepfather. He always felt the need to make me feel like a piece of crap every single chance he got. He was very controlling and my mom stuck up for him always. This put a strain on my relationship with my mother, but none the less i still loved her.

I got up and got dressed and ran down the stairs. I was not planning on eating breakfast until: "you better get in here and eat something young lady" my stepfather said
"No thanks im good" i said with a annoyed look on my face.
"Don't disrespect me young lady" my stepfather said.
"Yeah well this young lady has a name" i said.
"Please enough Lily be respectful" my mom said walking into the kitchen.
" Yeah i will be respectful to nick when he shows some respect to me" i said with anger building up inside of me.
Nick and my mom just both looked at me and without saying another word i left. Slamming the door behind me. I got on my bike and left for school. Almost immediately as i got there my best friend pulled up beside me on her bike.
"Hey girl" Brielle said
"Hi brielle. I said sounding a bit annoyed.
"What happened" brielle asked
"Got into a stupid argument with my stepfather Nick again" i said.
"You need to stop letting him get to you Lily" brielle said giving me a hug.
"I know thanks" i said.
"Come on let's get this over with" brielle said.
We walked into school.

*time skip*

School was finally over i said my goodbyes to brielle and got on my bike and went home.

*time skip*

I walked into the house not saying a word to my mom or nick. I just walked straight to my room slamming the door behind me. Why do we always have to get into arguments. Why does nick hate me so much? And why does my mom always stand up for him and never me?
Suddenly i heard a knock a my door.
I didn't answer i was not in the mood to talk.
"Honey can we please talk" my mom said from the other side of the door.
"Why mom are you just going to tell me that i was at fault this morning" i said.
"Well you were" she said.
Thats when i snapped and opened the door.
"Mom why is it always my fault and never his" at this point there were tears streaming down my face.
"If you only care about about him and not me then stay out of my life and get the hell away from me" i said and slammed my door shut. I slid down the door and held my knees and cried. Even after all that my mom just walked away from my door with nothing to say. I just looked outside my window and saw a shooting star thats when i made the wish that would change my life forever.

" i wish that nick and my mom would just go away and leave me the hell alone forever" i said

Soon i would regret ever making that wish.............