Chpt 1 on ways to be happy☻

☻ 1. Stop Chasing and Start Living

Many people feel they need something - more money, new clothes, better relationships - to make them happy. They think: "If only I had that other thing, I would be complete". Instead of enjoying life, they chase a vague idea of happiness.

But even when you get everything that's supposed to make you happy, life will have ups and downs. Today your car breaks down; tomorrow you pull your calf muscle. If you look hard enough, you'll always find reasons to be miserable.

So stop chasing; start living. Wanting more is fine, but don't forget to relax and enjoy life for what it is - in the present.

2. Assume Responsibility

We often blame other people, circumstances and even objects for our problems. "I'm this way because my dad didn't love me enough"; "I hate my stupid car for breaking down all the time."

But life is full of different people and situations: some are good and some are bad. Unless you assume responsibility for your life, you'll always be at the mercy of those circumstances.

Instead of blaming others for what's wrong in your life, focus on what you can do to make things better. Never sulk and try not to feel sorry for yourself too often. It's your responsibility to make yourself happy: nobody else's.

3. Stop Seeking Stimulation

We live in a world of endless stimulation. Between movies, video games and the internet, something exciting's always going on. Sometimes, this makes us feel bored and restless when we run out of stuff to do.

If you want to be happy, overcome this addiction. Develop the ability to enjoy life in its entirety - even when the stimulation stops.

Appreciate the sky you see on your way to work each day. Cherish each moment you spend with the people you love. Savor every bite of food you get to eat. Enjoying every experience will give you many new reasons to be☻

----

Hope you enjoyed the first chapter of '100 ways to be happy' :)

There's gonna be 3 ways in each chapter just so you know!

~ Sage xx