Love Is Real

Love Is Real

By: Zaynab

A/N: This is my first bade fanfic, inspired by a dear friend of mine @theboyswithadream . May u have the time and heart to read it SF! Hope y'all will like it. R&R.

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT DAN SCHNEIDER SO I OWN NOTHING BUT THE SCRIPT OF THIS STORY.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jade West didn't believe in love, for she had no reason to believe in it. While young, you see love between your parents, love between you and your friends, love between your family, and that's what makes you believe in it. Since Jade saw none, she didn't believe it.

She doesn't remember much of her childhood, but as far as she can remember, her mother never told her bedtime stories, her father never gave her goodnight kisses, in fact they never payed any attention to her. On her 5th birthday, when she asked for a cake and a gift, all she got was a slap across her face and a,

"We don't have enough money to waste on you, be grateful that we didn't throw you out on the road, you useless piece of shit!"

That's when she realized that love between families doesn't exist.

When she was 7, she saw her father returning home late at night. Her mother was awake the whole time. When her father arrived, he walked straight into his bedroom, which unfortunately was right next to hers, so she could hear all the shouting,

"Where have you been?" came her mother's voice,

"That's none of your business"

"Of course it is!" her mother's voice was loud now, "I called your office and they said you left at 8! With a woman! And now its 1 AM for gods sake!" she tiptoed to the next room, peeking through the open door,

"WHY DO YOU CARE!! I CAN GO WHERE EVER THE HELL I WANT!" He always did that; when he knew he was at fault, he would start shouting, not giving a chance to the next person to speak, 

"I AM YOUR FUCKING WIFE! I HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW WHERE THE HELL YOU WERE!" her father slapped her mother and she fell down,

"Watch your language in front of me you bitch!" he grabbed her by the hair, "You wanna know where I was? I'll tell you! I was with Jennifer!" her mother grasped, "You cheated on me!" "Well all I ever had from you was that disappointment" her father pointed at her and she stiffened, "Having her to save the marriage was a mistake Evelyn!" her father dropped her mother and stormed out of the house, leaving her mother crying on the floor. From that day her father would come late at night, while her mother started drinking. Their talking always turned into fighting, which ended with her father hitting her mother and leaving, while her mother would always blame her for everything. She would sit in her room covering her ears during their fight, but she could never block the voices. Soon enough, she learnt to live with them, became so used to it that it didnt scare her anymore. Saddened her, yes, but she learnt to shut her feelings, and what remained, the only feeling she had, was anger. A lot of anger. And hate.

That's when she realized that love between parents doesn't exist, she never had friends; everyone was scared of her. So she didn't know what love among friends was. To sum it all, Jade West didn't believe in love.

When she was 11, her parents got divorced; none of them wanted her custody, which wasn't a big surprise. But her father was forced to keep her during week days while her mother would take her on weekends and holidays.