0.Preface

*Ylva looks like the picture, but her hair is darker, and her eyes are Sirius's. So, IDK but I chose Mackenzie Foy as the faceclaim.*

The Very Beginning

//Preface//

The Black family were not known for being kind, as they are mostly arrogant purebloods, who hate muggleborns and halfbloods alike. The Noble House prides itself in their long line of Slytherin purebloods, who are the only ones deserving of magic--According to Voldemort and his followers-- and as such think that all non pureblood wizards and blood traitors should be arradicted from existence.

Sirius and Ylva's parents, were certainly not not exceptions to this. These twins were known for their constant mischief, and we're frequently punished for the simplest offence. The Black's youngest son, Regulus, was the most loved child. Cold and excepting of his parents horrid beliefs, he absorbed everything his parents said like a sponge, without question.

While Ylva was treated a little kinder than Sirius, she was always referred to by her real name. Ylvanaka, made the girl feel sick, which is why she preferred to be called Ylva. Sirius and even Regulus, called her Ylva, but her parents always referred to her a Ylvanaka.

Sirius did find it amusing, that simply removing the naka part of her name, and using what was left over, made her happy. Ylva, liked her preferred name better, simply for an odd reason. She'd found out from a book that she'd read when she was younger, that the name Ylva meant she-wolf.

It stuck so, Sirius and Regulus only referred to her as her full name, whenever they were trying to annoy her. Ylva, knowing it would be futile, never asked either of her parents to call her Ylva, after the first and unsuccessful time.

After asking her mother that first and only time, all she felt was a sharp stinging in her cheek. She was shocked, as she hadn't even seen her mother raise her hand. Her father watched from the table, not even looking remotely fazed, by his wife's actions.

Ylva knew then that any love her parents had for her was purely conditional. Sirius already knew this, but comforted her nonetheless. They were inseparable growing up, and after they turn 11, that doesn't change in the least.

Their mother and father's anger, were what they feared the most. They were already screw ups, in their parents' minds, so now that they are going to Hogwarts, Slytherin was the only way that they wouldn't get disowned.

Being certain that it would piss their parents off, they both hoped to get into Griffindor. While Sirius mostly hoped for Griffindor, Ylva was struck between choosing between the house of the brave, and the house of Ravenclaw.

She knew either would trigger her parents, so it didn't really matter what house she got. Even being terrified of her parents' untamable wrath, wasn't enough to stop her from defying them. The abuse and trauma had gone on too long, but she hoped they could be disowned and be forced to live on the streets.

Most children who lived on the streets would call her crazy for even thinking that. But she figured anything was better than her parents' constant and traumatizing physical and verbal abuse. Although she wouldn't do anything without Sirius's input, as she couldn't live without her brother.

She'd miss Regulus, even if he was their parents little Angel, terribly. Even if he'd agreed with their parents thoughts on blood supremacy, he was still her brother. But she knew Regulus wouldn't do anything to make her parents hate him, he followed their every order, and absorbed all the negativity without complaint.

As such she knew the day would come that both her and Sirius would be disowned, and both their names would be burned off the family tree. Only this, would free them from their constant torment, and put an end to the abuse. Hopefully they could find somewhere else, when that day came.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"Mummy, is this how you and Uncle Siri became free?"A young black haired child with hazel eyes sat in his mother's lap, looking up with wide curious eyes. His mother had his dark hair, but instead of hazel her eyes were a bright stormy blue.

"Yes, James."The young mother stared down at her son fondly, playing with his hair."Mum!"The boy complained as she messed up his hair. She chuckled at that, pulling away from her son's now messy hair.

A picture sat on the floor in front of them, revealing a group of five people. A boy with messy hair, and round glasses, was to the left of his mother. Another boy with dark hair, was standing to the right of her, his arm over her shoulder."Is that, Daddy?"

Her son was looking at the other two boys, but was looking pointedly at the taller boy. A scar was clear as day on the boy's face, his face resembling that of her son's father."Yes, that's him..."

The younger version of Remus John Lupin stared back at her, almost into her soul.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Sorry if it was bad. This won't really make any sense until everything is written.I hope you've enjoyed it.