🌧

The wipers brushed off the rain from over the windshield. The rain kept pouring heavily along with the strong winds making it almost impossible for Kartik to drive.

Though he had received his driving license a week ago now, he was still not so confident about driving the car on the road. It was his girlfriend, Mohini's, dream car and he couldn't let anything happen to it since she treated the car like her own baby.

There was a complete silence between the two until Kartik decided to play songs from Spotify trending list. Soon after, 'Woh Baarishein' played eliminating the silence.

As the lyrics of the new song hit Kartik, he glanced at Mohini, from the corner of his eyes, trying to get to know if she was still upset. Mohini had her head comfortably rested on the back of the seat with the tears rolling down her cheeks. Kartik got worried all of a sudden seeing his girlfriend crying and he pulled over the car at a side carefully.

Mohini wiped off her tears realising that Kartik had noticed her crying and she looked away from him. She didn't want him to know how heartbroken she felt from inside due to Kartik having to leave for Delhi the next day for his new job leaving her alone in Mumbai.

'Hey, why are you crying?'

'I'm not!'

'Look at me,' he held her chin and made her face him.

Her eyes were puffy and she would start crying again any minute. He had expected this coming but it was her who tried to convince him to take up the job offer while he had straight-away denied to accept the offer.

He said nothing but wiped her tears off her cheeks and cooed again, "I am sorry. I won't go to Delhi if it's going to affect you so much."

'No don't be sorry, Kartik.' she instantly shook her head and clasped his hand.

'Please don't change your mind now. We took the decision together. And anyways, we are meeting on every weekend.' she smiled at him.

'Every weekend? Are you serious?' he joked.

She let out a chuckle as well and stared at the tea stall outside through the window.

'Let's make this night memorable.' she grinned at him mischievously.

Before he would apprehend what she meant, Mohini stepped out of the car in the rain without any raincoat or an umbrella.

'Are you going to get out on your own or you want me to pull you out?'

He couldn't stand her stubbornness and decided to step out in the rain.

Both held each other's hands as the raindrops hit their body making a tinkly feeling. She dramatically twirled around holding his finger. He smiled at her cute antics trying to store the moment in his heart to treasure it until next one.

He cupped her face and planted a kiss on her forehead and whispered, 'I will also need video calls every day.'