The Magic Cosplay

Shiloh's POV

"So, Beth, are you ready for this?" I asked, turning to her. She looked up at me and scoffed.

"Ready? I can't get the freaking 3DMG straps to clip!" she growled. I chuckled.

"Here, let me." I knelt down and got behind her. And then, someone pulled out a camera. And another. And another. And it went on. Then I realized that I was cosplaying Eren Jaeger, and Bethany was cosplaying Levi Ackerman. I face palmed, but kept trying to clip the clasp. 

Finally, I got the fucking thing to clasp and got up. I realized that everyone was watching us and laughed. Slipping an arm around Beth, we pushed through the crowd and entered the building.

Once we entered, we walked up to the podium we were directed to. We were known for the best cosplays, and were invited anually to their conventions. The announcer picked up the microphone and spoke in that voice that shouts importance.

How flattering.

"Attention all anime freaks and fanatics! The panel will start in 5 minutes! Please proceed to your seats."

We looked at each other and gave our signature "holy mother of bird Jesus here we go" look. Beth, acting as Levi, had been practicing not smiling, because Levi, like, never does that, and when he does, it's creepier than parent frik-frak. I had green contacts in, and was smiling bright. My hair was up in a pony tail, as was hers. We didn't have time to get wigs, so we were the girl versions of our characters.

"Welcome to the 2014 Mid-Atlantic-"

"C-corporal?" I interrupted, just as they asked me to.

"What is it, brat?" Beth sneered back.

"W-why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because," she flicked my forehead, making me stumbled backwards and land on my butt. My fake-but-real 3DMGs clacked as I hit the ground. "When you loose control, I get to be the one to kill you."

"I thought you loved me." I fake sobbed. The crowed 'awwed'. 

"Okay, this is Levi Ackerman and Eren Jaeger. They've come all the way from Wall Seana to see us. So the story of these to is blah blah blah...." 

"Bethany." I whispered. She looked at me.

"We should have put our bags down before coming up here." I said through my teeth. We'd brought a bags with hairbrushes, soap, clothes, our phones, the chargers, makeup, and other stuff we'd need. We were 15, so after the convention we were going to go shopping. I wanted to go out in our cosplays but nooooo, Bethany wouldn't allow it. So we'd get fixed up and go to the malls surrounding the convention center. 

"Too late now." she whispered back, and the announcer stopped talking.

"So, where are y'alls' parents?" asked the announcer. My bottom lip quivered, and I stood up.

"My mom was eaten by a t-t-titan when I was 10, and I-I-I.. I VOWED TO KILL EVERY LAST TITAN AND RID THEM FROM THIS EARTH. THAT'S RIGHT, I'M GOING TO KILL EVERY LAST TITAN AND GARGLE ON THEIR BLOOD. BUT NOT BEFORE I TEACH THEM HOW TO SPEAK, SO THEY CAN BEG FOR MERCY, BEFORE I KILL THEM SLOWLY AND PAINFULLY." I screeched. The crowd laughed.

"What about you Levi?"

"They're probably dead." she said casually. 

"So, I heard you two bought working 3DMGs!"

"Yes, we did," I sighed. "It costed a mint for both of them, but were worth it." 

"Can you show us how they work?" the man asked. I nodded.

"Okay, Levi, ready?" She nodded. "1, 2, 3!"

We pressed down on the buttons, and everything went black.