A Day In Darkness

Maria POV:

I love him. I love him so much. Why did he have to go and leave me alone for a week? I know he left for a job, but still. Why?

He doesn't even know that I love him. He doesn't think of me like that. He thinks of me as a best friend. Not as the one whom he loves. Why do I even try anymore?

My doorbell rings and I jump up and head downstairs to answer it. I open it only to find a box left by the mail man. I pick the box up and I head inside.

I sit on my couch and I open the box. The inside flap has his name. Its from David. He had sent me a telescope. Ive been looking for one for a while now so I can watch the stars with David better. I pick up a card and read the writing.

Dear Cupcake,
I know you've been looking for a telescope, but that's only half of the reason I got it for you. I just want you to know, that I love you. I love you more than anything. No matter what happens and no matter what has happened, I will always love you. This telescope is so when I get back, we can watch the stars better. Please wait for me. And remember,
I love you to the stars and back.
~David

I was crying now. I can't believe that he actually loves me back. I run to the kitchen to grab a pen and paper to write him back, but I'm met with a man wearing all black. He holds up a gun and I scream out in pain, as I hear the shot being fired and I feel my chest pain. My vision goes blurry and then I'm gone.

David's POV:
I quit my job. I heard about Maria. I haven't slept any since. I'm headed home because without her, I can't function right. I just can't believe that she's really gone. I wanted her to be with me forever. To never leave me. I guess it wasn't meant to be.