𝐅𝐈𝐅𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FIFTEEN | BRING IT ON

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT SEEMED THAT TRYING TO KEEP ELENA IN LINE WAS PROVING DIFFICULT. She was desperate to feed recklessly and indulge in everything she had refused to when she had her humanity on, but doing that came with consequences. And, once her humanity was back on, she would feel those deaths and regret them. So, they wanted to find a way to keep an eye on Elena, and keep her in check and Stefan figured he had found just the way.

"So, let me get this straight. You want to take her back to school?" Riley's eyes widened at her best friend while she sat in a chair with Damon, who shook his head in disagreement with Stefan's plan. "Are you mad?"

"Well, the fun route didn't exactly pay off, did it?" Stefan turned his eyes toward his older brother who smirked at the sound of his brother's sarcasm.

"I don't know." Damon shrugged. "I got a free meal out of it."

"Look, do you think I want to go to school and play chaperone? You can't can't go because you're not a student. Besides, you've got to go look for Katherine." Stefan sighed. "Elena needs this cure now more than ever."

"Not that anyone asked me—" Caroline appeared in the doorway wearing nothing but a pink fluffy robe and a perky smile on her face. "—But, I think taking her back to school is a great idea."

"Caroline? What're you doing here— in a robe." Riley trailed off in amusement when she noticed Damon's look of complete and utter confusion, especially since he had no idea the blonde vampire was even in their house.

"Blame it on the fancy water filters. Your house has the only vervain-free showers in town." The Forbes vampire explained with a light smile.

"Oh yeah. The mayor put Vervain in the water supply. So many people to kill."

"Yeah, and my mom says it's about to get a worse, so she could use a little help?" The blonde shot a pleading look toward the vampires.

"Fine. I'll go after the psychotic doppelgänger. Stefan, you're gonna go talk to the sheriff? Blondie, you and my lovely girlfriend are gonna take her to school."

"Sounds like fun." Elena's voiced echoed. She walked back into the room after taking a shower, though she had neglected to cover her body with the towel, and instead held it within her hand. Riley tilted her head in Damon's direction with a raised eyebrow as she watched him look away from Elena, though Stefan didn't refrain from staring. "What? It's nothing you guys haven't seen before. And, as for the going to school idea, I've got nothing better to do."

Once being given the nod that Elena covered herself up, Damon stepped forward in an attempt to use the sire bond on Elena. "Elena, it would make me very happy if you went to school today. And, studied hard, you know? Get involved in whatever activities and please, no matter what, don't eat anyone."