Introduction

There's Char and Jett Stone. They've been moving all around the U.S. with their parents as long as they can remember. At least, since Char's particular.. talents.. became a problem. Jett's is better in control of his gifts than his older sister. Something Char slightly envies. They land in Ivanelle City this time, and, at the prompting of their family's trusted doctor/therapist, are enrolled at the prestigious private school, R. L. Avenlon Academy. Something Jett looks forward to, and Char dreads. She's not a people person, to say the least. And people don't typically much like her when they realize what she can do. What she does- on accident- but does none the less.

Then there's Michael and Scarlet Jones. Local residents of Ivanelle City, longtime students of R. L. Avenlon, and typical bickering siblings. Michael, a brawny, basketball-playing jock with occasional, surprising knight-in-shining-armor tendencies, and Scarlet, a petite, blue-haired, drama club-loving terror. Theatre is her passion- insult anything to do with it, and you might find yourself picking your teeth off the floor- with your face. She and her pink and blonde-haired violinist best friend, Maryanne, make quite the menacing duo. Scarlet and Michael seem pretty typical high school students, but have more to them that meets the eye.

There's also Eli and Ray Evans, the sons of a famous American chef and a feisty Spanish mother. Their parents have them spend their school years in Ivanelle with their grandparents so they can attend R. L. Avenlon, and their holidays and summers in Barcelona with their mother. Strong, silent-type, Eli, spends more time tinkering with his latest attempted invention than socializing, other than with his computer-saavy friend, Ben. Ray, on the other hand, is a ball of pent-up energy, a passionate sort; quick to get angry, but quicker to get over it. He takes more after their mom, and spouting out things Spanish is likely to occur when excited, angry, curious, or officially freaked out. Both seem normal enough. But- as with everything in life- what goes on inside is sometimes much different than what goes on outside. 

When the somewhat unlikely group comes together, their are too many convenient occurances to write off as "coincidence." And enough of that to make them wonder. How can so many.. unique.. teenagers residing in the same city- in the same school- be a coincidence? Could something more serious, more arranged.. more sinister.. be going on?