Lydia's Word

Car rides are probably the most terrible thing in life. Stuck in a metal box. Help me. And especially when your mother talks on the phone. She yaps and yaps twenty-four seven. No time for me and she has no custody of me. Shouldn't she spend time with me? Hey it's okay though. I'm independent and yeah no motherly bonding time but I guess like whatever? My Mom is the crack that shaters me.

<><><><><><><>

So like let's take this back about a month maybe two. It's Fall. It's Raining. Fall+Raining= Coldness and Depression. Chick flicks and Boyfriend movies are at their prime. All my friends go. And every single one would always say the same freakin' thing. For example:

"OMG I just went to see 'Just Hold On' and like I literally cried through the whole movie. Glad I had Lucas with me. To tell me it's alright" Sophie would say all dreamy eyed about her boyfriend. Than she asks me the same question, over and over again. "What did you do?" She asks optimistically.

"Oh, ah...I watched the same old military movies: Good Morning Vietnam, Heartbreak Ridge and Full Metal Jacket." I would usually sigh after that. "My dad always gets through the first movie before drifting off." Sophie shook her head. She put hand on my shoulder.

"We need to find a boyfriend, now." Well she has said that for two years now and Zip, Nada, Zilch , not even one boyfriend. Call me desperate. Well I'm all done here. [Dusts off hands] Drop me off at the next bridge or cliff please, thanks.

Okay, Okay. Let's really get down to business. The story is already started with Sophie's Conversation.