Potential

The quiet bedroom was a representation of how you felt inside. You lay there, cold and lonely on your bed. You turn on your side, softly moving your hand over his side of the bed. You could feel the embossed mattress, where he once lay... long ago. He hadn't slept beside you, not in awhile. There was no more warmth in the room you two once shared. Even when the windows were open, they felt shut. When the sunlight poured in, you still felt without warmth. He hadn't bothered to open conversation with you anymore. He hadn't kissed you, he hadn't hugged you, not in a long time.

The thought of lonliness caused a little tear to slip down your face, only to be caught by the pillow beneath your head, not his tender hand.

You swept your hand over your eyes, pushing the tears away. You needed him, his touch, tender care and above all, his love.

You began to push yourself up, now sitting up, leaning on your bedhead. You looked down, thinking about the gentleman who pushed himself away from you, though he was only downstairs.

You began to slip out of bed, pulling the covers away from your waist. Slowly and quietly, you opened the bedroom door and exited. Stepping down the staircase, you could see the light emitting from the fireplace. To the left of the fireplace sat a familiar Danish man, tears slipping down his face. The beer beside him had been knocked over, leaving little bubbles on the floor. He slowly lowered his face into his hands, whimpering silently alone. Papers filled with ideas, passions and concepts were scattered in front of him, leaving no room for a proper pathway.

The little contact he had with you left him stressed and in depression. He begun to drink more heavily, in an attempt to silence his pain for a little longer. Though he was a drunk, he was also an incredible man with much ambition and amazingly bright ideas. He was imaginative and innovative, and a strong individual. As stubborn and as rowdy as he was, he scribbled down every thought he had. So much of his time had been devoted to putting his concepts down on paper. Before he fell into his state of despair, he often laid down next to you, softly murmuring his thoughts and notions to you, while stroking your hair. But that was all too long ago.

Silently, you made your way to him. You crouched down behind him, gently wrapping your arms around him. He took his hands away from his face, resting them in his lap. You kissed the back of his neck and rested your head on his back. There was a sort of silence that lingered. Nothing had been said at all. The Dane began to gently hold your arms around his waist. He smiled, bringing your hand up to his lips. He laid a sweet kiss on the back of your hand and slowly turned around to you.

There, you sat looking at each other. The Danish man looked into your eyes, allowing a small tear to roll down his cheek. You reached for his shoulders and placed your hands on each side. You leaned in and left a kiss on his lips. He smiled, but did not kiss back. Instead, he slipped his hands around your waist, pulling you in for a passionate hug. He enjoyed your smile, your kiss, your affection, your company and most of all... your love.

Enjoying the story? If so, do leave a comment below or a vote below. Would you like to see this story become a series? Be sure to let me know! Thanks!