Chapter 1

John Lennon is a great music partner. Him and
Paul spend hours at the studio pouring themselves onto blank paper and conflicting
over which words to, and not to add to new songs. Not even asking the opinions of George and Ringo. But during these sessions, Paul had other things on his mind besides whether to play an A or B on his guitar. John was a wonder, his lips like succulent cherries; and Paul would know, he imagined himself getting lost in them every time they shared a mic. But they're illegal you know, the places his mind floats to. Besides, John seldom expressed affection for anything besides his tea cup, and the birds who seemed to suck his face at any given opportunity. Lord how Paul wished he was one of John's birds..
Paul was dying to tell John how he felt. But there was a tugging in his stomach drawing his feelings deeper into hiding. He was desperate to love John, he didn't see any use further suppressing the feelings. Paul had loved him since they were boys, but he was terrified of himself. His love could lock him away, so he locked it away himself. But now was the time he had to get it out. He'd've sewn his lips shut to keep himself from pouring his feelings out if it wasn't getting unbearable. It was something in John's walk. His eyes. Oh those eyes. He felt his body grow warm just thinking about them. No. Tonight was the night he'd finally tell John. He would.