♂️ Old-fashioned boy names ♂️

Old-fashioned baby names are coming back into fashion, ironically, as more parents choose vintage names for their babies. Whether you're having a boy or girl, we have chosen our favourite old-fashioned baby names 

➳ Albert ~ abbrev. Bert, BertieOld German, meaning 'noble, bright, famous'. Probably most commonly associated with Prince Albert, Queen Victoria's husband, who died in 1861.

➳ Arthur ~ alt. Art, Artie, Artis Celtic, probably from 'artos', meaning 'bear'. Made famous by the tales of King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table

➳ Edison ~ English, meaning 'son of Edward'. Thomas Edison was one of America's greatest and most well-known inventors.

➳ Eric ~ Old Norse, meaning 'ruler'. Often associated with singer and guitarist Eric Clapton.

➳ Francis ~ alt. Francesco, Francisco, Franco, François Latin, meaning 'from France'. After the election of Pope Francis, Francesco has become the most popular name for boys in Italy.

➳ Garrett ~ Old German, meaning 'spear' or 'ruler'. Ireland's Garret the Great was known as 'the uncrowned King of Ireland' during his time of political power in the fifteenth century.

➳ Harry ~ Old German, form of Henry, meaning 'home ruler'. Famous Harrys include Prince Harry, Harry Potter and One Direction singer Harry Styles.

➳ Harvey ~ Old English, meaning 'strong and worthy'. The film Harvey, starring Jimmy Stewart and Josephine Hull, is about a man whose best friend is an enormous invisible rabbit.

➳ Henry ~  Henri, Hendrik, Hendrix Old German, meaning 'home ruler'. There have been eight Kings of England named Henry, and in the unlikely event that Prince Harry found himself on the throne he would become Henry IX.

➳ Jarrett ~ Old English, meaning 'spear-brave'. Sometimes used as an alternative spelling to Garrett.

➳ Jeffrey ~ Jeff Old German, meaning 'peace'. Famous Jeffreys include author Jeffrey Archer, and actors Jeff Bridges and Jeff Daniels.

➳ Kelvin ~ Old English, meaning 'friend of ships'. A kelvin is a unit of measurement for temperature, using the Kelvin scale.

➳ Leonard ~ Old German, meaning 'lion strength'. Famous Leonards and Leonardos include actors Leonard Nimoy and Leonardo DiCaprio, and artist and inventor Leonardo da Vinci.

➳ Morton ~ Old English, meaning 'moor town'. The name of several English towns.

➳ Olaf ~ Olan Old Norse, meaning 'ancestor'. Also the name of the snowman in Disney's Frozen.

➳ Oscar ~ Old English, meaning 'spear of the Gods'. Oscar Wilde was an Irish poet and writer, best known for his ready wit.

➳ Peyton ~ Old English, meaning 'fighting man's estate'.

➳ Reid ~ Old English, meaning 'by the reeds'.

➳ Spencer ~ English, meaning 'guardian'. Actor Spencer Tracy was a star of Hollywood's golden era.

➳ Tony ~ Shortened form of Anthony, from the old Roman family name. Famous Tonys include footballer Tony Adams, former prime minister Tony Blair and comedian, historian and TV presenter Tony Robinson.