Back When We First Met

Text from: Horse

Horse: Oi, lil sis! Your blind date shown up yet??

You: No... I can't believe this! I'm being stood up on a blind date!!

You: AGAIN.

Horse: Yikes :/ how pathetic..

You: exCUSE ME???

Horse: You're excused :3

You: remind me to kill you later.

Horse: :/ I'd rather not

You: Hobi he still isn't here D,:

Horse: Oh noo.. Maybe he's just late?

You: By thirty minutes???!

Horse: ...maybe ?

You: doubtful.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───   

I let out a sigh, and slip my phone into my pocket. 

Blind dates have never gone well for me. Hobi's always setting them up - most times behind my back - in hopes that I'll one day find my prince charming...but so far, that hasn't happened.

I pull out my phone to check the time.

10:48

I grimace. He was supposed to be here at 10:15... 

Maybe I should leave, I consider as I scan the lively cafe, But...running into him as I'm leaving would be veryawkward...

...Actually, screw it. I get up, tossing my coffee into the nearest trashcan, and storm towards the door, my eyes lowered.

Right as I reach the door, it opens from the outside, slamming bluntly into my head.

"Ow!' I cry, a hand flying up to rub against where I'm certain a bump is already forming, and angrily demand, "What the hell?"

I freeze as my eyes, which had been squeezed shut with a wince, open and focus on the guy's...pink hair?

"What the hell?" I repeat, this time in a murmur of mixed confusion and awe.

My eyes wander from his cotton candy hair to admire the straight bridge of his nose, the flawlessness of his skin, and the plumpness of his lips - which are parted with surprise. 

Yeah, he's definitely handso- ABOUT TO APOLOGIZE, yes, he looks quite apologetic...

"I-I'm so sorry," he stammers, "So sorry, there was a tint to the glass of the door, I swear I didn't see you!" He rubs a hand against the back of his neck, muttering, "Aish..."

"Um," I speak through my blush, "Apology accepted?" 

Great, I think, Your body decides to blush and talk stupid in front of what is possibly the most handsome man in existence.

"Oh thank god," he breathes, "I really am sorry."

"It's fine," I rush to assure, "Really, you're fine."

He really is fine...

The young man smiles faintly.

"Is there any way I can make it up to you?" He glances around the cafe, then offers, "I could buy you a coffee... Though, that may be a bit much seeing as you were just leaving..."

"Actually..." I draw out, fidgeting with the hem of my shirt, "There is a way you could make it up to me..."

His smile widens, and he encourages, "Yeah?"

I clear my throat. "U-um, first I need to know if you're single..."

He blinks, smile faltering slightly before returning as a full-blown grin. "Why? Are you asking me out?"

I purse my lips. "It's just... My blind date didn't show and so I was only wondering if - "

"Deal," the pink-haired man cut in, "I'll be your date and you'll forgive me for bumping your head."

I giggle nervously. "Deal. And, uh, what's your name?"

He walks over to the ordering counter and replies, "Call me Jimin."

I feel a genuine smile surface. "Well thank you, Jimin."

He nods. "A surprise date with a beautiful girl? Trust me when I say it's definitely not a problem."

...

Okay, will I ever stop blushing?