1

The cold wind blew hitting Luke in the face. His long legs leading him to his usual coffee shop to meet his friends like everyday. The roar of people around him was something he had grown use to. The lack of hospitality was not.

Luke reached the coffee shop which sign read 'Dream Bean'.

He opened the door, signaling the bell.

"Hey Luke, the usual?" Marty asked from behind the counter

"Thank you," Luke nodded.

He turned on his heals to see his friends sitting at a booth in the corner. His feet slid against the freshly cleaned linoleum as he made his way over.

"What happened to you last night?" Chris, a tall guy with dark hair, asked Luke.

"I don't know, I blacked out but I woke up in a random chicks bed." He said with a smirk before taking a seat next to Austin, the blond boy.

"Isn't that every weekend?"Austin asked with a small giggle.

"Yea, pretty much." Luke said with a sigh.

It's not like Luke just wanted to sleep around with everyone. He just meets them and one thing leads to another, but he's just not ready for commitment. He's not scared of it there's nothing to be scared of he would just like to do what he wanted for a little while longer with out having to remind himself someone was waiting for him at home or constantly messing up the relationship and hurting people. So he just hooks up with them a few times and leaves never calls them, never answers their calls again. Ghost mode.

"When are you just going to settle down? Find someone?" Austin asked.

Calum and Luke both looked at Austin.

"It's not that simple. You're lucky you have Bryana but not everyone is as lucky as you." Luke said kind of offended.

"These girls you sleep with are probably really nice girls, but you don't give them a chance."

"Dude, I don't want a relationship, I like my routine how it is. It's not complicated, I'm not tied down or expected to do things I don't want to do."

"Fine do what you want, Luke either way I have big news."

"What's is it?" Chris asked.

"Bryana and I just found out we're having a baby!" He said and Luke and Chris both started smiling.

"Woah! Dude, congratulations!"  Luke said.

"Yea, so we're going out tonight! On me!"

"Yes, we gotta drink to this."

The waiter walked up to the table with Lukes usual order of a venti iced vanilla coffee.

"I hate to bounce so quickly but I gotta get to work HR called an emergency meeting something about sexual harassment in the work place, seems important so.." Luke said getting up.

"But I'm happy for you and Bry. I'll see you tonight." He ducked out the door a smile on his face and flagged down the first cab he saw.

The cab screeched it's tired to a halt before Luke climbed in the back.

"Take me to the sky walker building on 24th" he said before pulling out his phone to see three messages.

Miranda- haven't saw you in a while what happened? ;)

Josh- the postponed the meeting due to the fact no one can find Richard.

Bryana- Hey, can you keep an eye on Austin for me tonight, I really don't want him to get too drunk.

With that Luke headed off to work, with smile on his face. With Richard being gone he might have enough time to stop by Charlottes office in editing and get a little something.

They had messed around a few times but it definitely wasn't a relationship. They both wanted to further their lives and a relationship would just set them back.

"Sky walker building what do you do there?" The taxi driver asked.

"I write articles for TumblingRocks,"

"Wow fancy, my son reads them, well the online version." He said with a snicker.