Chapter #1

Riley's POV

"Fucking liar!" I scream into my boyfriend, Tyler's face. 

He looks into my bright blue eyes with hate, "What did you just call me?!" he screams at me and swings his hand twards my face. 

I felt a stinging pain in my cheek. My lip quivered while I rise my hand up to hold my cheek. 

Tyler looked shocked, "I-I'm sorry, I didnt mean it baby. I swear." He assures me. 

A cold tear rolls down my face, feeling nice on my red cheek.

I turn around, running to my room. The door slams behing me and I lock it. 

I lay on my bed, still holding my cheek. "Why?" I ask myself. 

There was a slam coming from the kitchen. I hear bottles clinging against one another. 

"Of fucking couse." I mumble. "When will it get better?" 

A tear rolls down my face starting them all up. 

I put in my headphones and play my favorite singer ever, Logan Henderson. 

"Why wont you ever let me leave, just fucking let me out." I sing along to the song, sleepwalker.

I glance down at my wrist where I made marks from last time something like this happend to me.  

"How bout you go kill yourself, you whore!" I recall Tyler saying about four months ago.

I roll over and pull open my drawer. I grab my pencil sharpener and a pair of scissors. 

I  use the scissors to take the blade out of the sharpener. 

The blade shines in the light and I look into it and look at my reflection in the stainless steel blade. "Just a couple." I whisper. I stare at my puffy eyes. 

Hold the blade on my skin, peircing it abit. The dark red blood leaking from the cut. "He's not worth it." I say and throw the blade across the room. 

"FUCK" I hear from the living room. "RILEY, FUCKING BITCH GET OUT HERE!" 

I start to cry again, "Please, no." I sob. I pause the music and place my phone on the counter. 

"DID YOU HEAR ME? GET THE FUCK OUT HERE! NOW!" He yells at the top of his lungs. 

I become frightened thinking of the things me might do to me. He never hit me until now. He could do worse.

I walk over to the door and pull it open. "Yes?" I say shakily. 

"Come down here please baby." he says softly. 

I slowly walk down the stairs. I hit the bottom step and pause. 

"You c-called?" I remind. 

He has his hands on his head "Come here, sugar." He says. 

I hesitentely walk over to him. I'm confused. 

He pulls me into a hug, "I'm so fucking sorry. I don't know what happend to me." He puts his hands on my hips. "I love you." he says.

He lets go of me, "You love me back, right?" he asks concerned. 

"Of course I do." I say. I do love him but I'm not in love with him. I don't trust him anymore. 

"I'll try to stop drinking, baby. I promise." he tells me, "And sleeping with other women." he admits. 

I cry silently. He hugs me again.

-----

I scroll through instagram and decide to look up Logan Henderson and try to text him and see if he'll text me back. 

I message 'Hi, I'm Riley, I'm 27 and I really like your songs.' Then I send a heart and say 'I really hope you message me back, I need someone to talk to.'

Then I click off my phone and lay next to Tyler. He makes me sick thinking about him. This is inhumane. 

-----

I get woken up by being shaken softly, "Babe, I have to go to work." Tyler whispers to me. I see him dressed in his casual work clothes. 

"Okay, love you." I reply quetly. He kisses my cheek and walks out with his keys in hand. 

I try to fall back asleep but I cant so I get up and run downstairs and make an iced almond milk latte. My favorite. 

After I chug my latte I go back to my bedroom and do my make-up. 

I change into a sweatshirt and jeans, grab my phone and jog downstairs. 

I put on Netflix on my big screen and go on my phone. I see a message from... LOGAN HENDERSON?!

I rub my eyes and realise its real. I quickly open the message and it says 'Why? Whats wrong, Riley?

Holy shit. 

----------

Hey guys. I hope you enjoyed this first chapter. I had to rewrite it multiple times but I got tired and just stuck with this one. Make sure you vote and comment ideas of you have any. Thank you.

-Jazmin