Chapter 1

=^•.•^=
'How many shrimps do you have to eat before your skin turns pink?'

-Kero Kero (The Flamingo Song)
=^•.•^=

"Sellarine wake up" I heard a voice say from my right side.  "You will miss it if you stay in bed"
I sat bolt upright at that moment.  Today I was going to go to The Dragon Academy because, even though it was unsure was subtype I was, I was definately a dragon.

"I'm up!  I'm up!"  The voice that I soon recognised belonged to my father Gerhard chuckled at my reaction.

"Get dressed and outside then if you don't want to be late" He walked out the room"

=^•.•^=

I got dressed in my car clothes i was given to go to the Academy in and rushed outside to be met by the dragons that would take me to the Academy. I ran over to my father.
"Goodbye Father I will visit when I can!" I exclaimed while embracing him in a hug

"I will miss you too Sell"  He returned my hug "Now run along and get on a dragon before they leave you"  With his words I sprinted to the dragons and got on the one they pointed me to.  It had one other person on it.

"Hi" I tried to get his attention

"Hello" he responded "The name is Kai Fenderton"

"Sellarine Anderla, Pleasure to meet you"

"Likewise, so you must be the noble joining the school, the daughter of  Lord Gerhard?"

"Yes I am"

"It's an honour"

"Likewise.  You know, you are the only person I have seen in my 17 years of life in exception to the house maids and Father."

"You seem too well versed in speaking to others for that to be true"

"No it's true, Father let me practise on him to get it right and to stop me from stuttering"

"Ah that must be it"

The dragon took off and we flew in silence until he spoke once again.
"What subtype are you?"  His questioned stumped me, I tried to remember what father had told me with no prevail.

"It is....unknown" I decided on saying

"How do you mean" Kai enquired

"They cannot tell what am I, I have to wait to be 18 which is on the 16th of this month, 14 days away"

"Curious"

"What subtype are you then?"

"I am a electric rider"

"I have never met a rider before as my father is of the shifter subtype and most the house maids are halflings"

|》《|

I think I ought to explain about the subtypes. There are 3 subtypes and they each have different types of them with unique abilities.  Theres the shifters who can change into their dragon which has 6 subtypes off of it to say what element the dragon is: Flame (Fire) , Frostbite (Ice) , Aqua (Water) , Electric (Lightning) , Nyx (Darkness and energy) and Earth (Ground).  The next is the riders which is what Kai is which has the same subtypes as the shifters and finally the Hybrids, the most powerful hybrids have no subtype and can control all the elements, they have the same subtypes as the others but with an additional one of the halflings who do not have an element but have leathery wings like dragons.  Did i mention hybrids have wings?
So yeah you are now filled in, you're welcome!

|》《|

We sat in silence again for the rest of the ride.

=^•.•^=

The Academy came into view and we started declining towards it.  When we neared the floor the rider stopped the dragon and settled on the floor and helped us off.  We set off to the doors and the guards on each side bowed before opening the doors and spoke
"Welcome to Scentia's Dragon Academy"

|》《|
*role credits*

Hi guys!  Lumpy here!  I just wanted to say thanks for taking an interest in my story and I hope you enjoy what is to come.
|》《|