Buying Dean the Hunter

Wandering around amongst the bodies as everyone convenes to a particular place in the market. This event only happens every few months but it’s never to be missed. You heard rumors about this particular one and apparently others have as well. You sold off a few things just so you have extra to spend and be taken seriously. As an owner of a large estate it was hard to keep it going but working it as a woman was even harder in these times.

Strolling through the bodies and pushing some aside so you could get a better look at the stage. The sun beat down as the moderator strode across his platform. “Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to the annual Hunter auction!” He raised his arms to the crowd as they cheered.

Hunters were in high demand these days. Most have been bought, sold and traded to a few different people. Hunters can get monsters that you tell them to and the better the hunter(s) you have, the better and more money you’ll make. Monsters, dead or alive, fetch some money. They are used for spells and other things like Mr. Mars runs a monster circus.

A place for little children to come face to face with the things that go bump in the night. You’d sold him a couple of monsters you captured, because you were desperate for money. Some others you sold to families and the pregnant ones you helped escape. You hated the thought of them being locked up some place but for some monsters it was necessary.

The Djin’s were nearly wiped out because people wanted their dream like fantasy as reality. They would keep them locked up while taking their magic and drifting from this reality to another of their own liking. There was always a risk of catching a hybrid monster because they were harder to control. Then again, depends on your hunter.

“Sold! To the man in the tan jacket.” The moderator licks his chops as another hunter is taken from the stage. “Now this next specimen was a hard one to capture. He put up quite a fight and had over a dozen weapons on him.” You hear the clinking of chains, “this man is a great hunter. Anyone would be lucky to have him in their estate. He was found in a shack of a place in the middle of the woods, traps set everywhere.”

The top of his head bobs as he ascents the stairs to the stage. “He is a master hunter and the finest tracker around. Ladies and Gentleman you will not find a better specimen than this.” You see this man being pushed on the stage and him pushing off their touches, giving them one hell of a death stare. “Hands off you son of a bitch!” The moderator laughs, “and he’s got a real eloquent way of speaking. So what is the starting bid for Dean Winchester?”

Immediately hundreds of credits were being yelled in the air as hands rocketed up. “Do I hear 500?” You watched as Dean’s eyes scanned the audience and nearly quivering when he glanced in your direction. “Do I hear 700?’ You clutched your currency tight, “900,”you announce throwing your hand in the air. The moderator looked at you and scoffed, “900 for the lady. Come on Gentleman are you going to let a woman outbid you?” “One thousand,” a man to your far left announced. You recognized him and there was no way you would let Mr.Walker take him to be locked up and mocked inside a cell for profit. It was worse than being a monster in the circus.

Shooting your hand up, “One thousand two hundred!” He looked over at you and you looked straight back. “Thirteen hundred,” he yelled while still looking at you. Clutching your currency again you wanted a little extra but you also couldn’t let Dean be sold to that mad man. The moderator drew the crowd back to him, “let’s see if this will up any bids.” He walked over to Dean and after clutching a handful of his shirt and pulls it quickly, effectively ripping it from his body.

Dean clenched his teeth and looked down to you. His chains rattled as his shirt hit the ground just beside his feet. Looking at the chains that run across and down his chiseled chest you blush for a moment. “Fifteen hundred credits!” You smile as you announce that number, true it would only leave you with fifty credits but you’d have the ultimate hunter at your disposal. “Sold to the woman with the highest bid. Thank you Ladies and Gentleman for coming out tonight but that concludes this auction.”

You walk around towards the back to pick up your hunter. After they scan your card and the credits are exchanged they hand you the end of the chains. “Good luck,” one of the men say as they turn loose of him. You look at Dean and try not to smile. “Come,” you pull on the chains to make him step forward.